MQA support for Radio Paradise

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by McintoshHIFI, May 27, 2023.

1. McintoshHIFI

McintoshHIFI New Member

One of the things I am already missing about bluesound node is the mqa radio paradise stream. Can you please reach out to radio paradise and explore the options whether they will be willing to work with you on providing mqa stream support.

2. Spizz

Spizz Member

Isn’t MQA going the way of the dodo bird soon?

Nutul likes this.
  3. McintoshHIFI

McintoshHIFI New Member

Not sure what you mean by that. The mqa stream on radio paradise sounds phenomenal.

4. Xyzzy

Xyzzy Member

On April 6, 2023, the company owning the MQA license, currently trading as MQA Ltd. announced via a statement that it was entering administration, the UK equivalent of filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the United States.

Spizz likes this.
  5. Spizz

Spizz Member

As per the post above. They are ceasing to operate. Tidal has announced they will be transitioning from MQA to FLAC soon as well. So MQA as it currently works for you via the Bluesound Node will cease as well.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes the future of MQA doesn't exactly look bright. Not essential for local albums but for streaming MQA has its merits.

7. Ray77

Ray77 Member

Thanks for Radio Paradise MQA tip. Never knew. Sounds great on my Node 2i..maybe for limited time only from the sounds of it. If I can add it to the Dmp, it might sound fantastic.