Moving over from a Mede8er, can I bring my metadata with me?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by TimR, Nov 8, 2022.

1. TimR

TimR New Member

Hi,

I'm close to purchasing a Z9X to replace my trusty, but ageing Mede8er 600X3D. However, I have a question I've been unable to find any answer to, so hoping someone on here can help.

I'm concerned about re-scraping metadata for nearly 1000 movies and how much effort it will be to get it all correct again. For years I have been using MyMovies.dk to manage the metadata (posters, movie info, etc, etc.) for my collection and a lot of work has gone into cleaning up the metadata for some obscure titles I have. I'm wondering if I can import the MyMovies metadata data into the Z9X?

MyMovies can export the metadata in multiple formats, including NFO (Popcorn Hour, YAMJ, Kodi,/XBMC), AAI (Dune), and XML (MediaBrowser, JRiver MC, Zappati), etc. - I just don't know what the Z9X uses.

Thanks
    Tim

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Zidoos support Kodi NFOs so as long as the NFOs produced by My Movies are compliant, it should work...

Should....

You may need to change art filenames - here's an example folder setup for purely local scraping:

upload_2022-11-8_19-13-29.png

It's a long long time since I used My Movies! Just checked and my account is still there - wow!

With 2503 points that I earned submitting metadata :)

TimR likes this.
  3. TimR

TimR New Member

Cool!

I'll have My Movies create the metadata for Kodi and use that at least for the movies I already have.
    I may move away from My Movies for additions to my collection going forward if the Zidoo scraping is good.

For art filenames, I can always write some PowerShell if I need to munge filenames into some other format.

Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to getting my Z9X!

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Any pain will be worth the gain - I used Mede8ers for years and was very active on their forums, but things move on...