Movie Player TAGS for ICONS ()

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by VonMagnum, Dec 29, 2020.

1. VonMagnum

VonMagnum Member

Does anyone know all the parenthesis tags () that Zidoo takes for the movie player? I've discovered some on accident, which is why I ask.

Filename (DTS X).mkv ---> Title will show "DTS:X" icon in the movie player
    Filename (Dolby).mkv ---> Title will show "Dolby Digital" icon in the movie player

Tags that I guessed/tried that don't work:

Filename (Atmos).mkv ---> Nothing
    Filename (Dolby Atmos).mkv ---> Shows Dolby Digital Icon
    Filename (Auro3D).mkv ---> Nothing

I was hoping there was a way to differentiate movies with Dolby Atmos soundtracks. I usually use (Atmos) in KODI and then I can at least search those titles and spot them in the list, but I was surprised to see the Xidoo player recognized the (DTS X) one and created a nice DTS:X icon in the listing for those titles. It'd be nice if there were one for Dolby Atmos titles too. I know KODI does recognize (VHS) to show a VHS icon (discovered that one on there by accident too).

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Here you go...

Attached Files:

VonMagnum likes this.
  3. VonMagnum

VonMagnum Member

Hey thanks!

Is there a simple way to remove titles from the library that aren't there anymore? I removed/replaced some movies on my network drive and they still show up in the movie wall listing (error if you try to load them), but they don't get removed and there's not "remove from database" context menu like KODI has.

4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

5. VonMagnum

VonMagnum Member

That's a nice guide too.

I've found that parenthesis also work in filenames with Zidoo, which some might prefer to keep all those extra periods out of the filenames that are traditionally only used for extensions).

(e.g. The filename "Jurassic Park (DTS X).mkv" will give the DTS:X Icon)

McBluna likes this.
  6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I'll add the info about the brackets to my guide.

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It doesn't really matter what you use, or even if you use nothing at all - if the text string is there, it will recognise it.

This is one of the pitfalls - it could do with a fixed delimiter so text strings with names wouldn't get picked up.

8. VonMagnum

VonMagnum Member

On the plus side, it only took a few minutes to add the Dolby Atmos string (TrueHDAtmos) to all my 3D Atmos titles (about 3 dozen or so) and I found a few DTS:X ones I missed as well. It'd be nice if there were an Auro-3D one as well, but there's probably only around 24 Blu-Ray movies with Auro-3D period (dozens of music titles by comparison).