Mounting Internal Drive Shares

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by teg, Jul 9, 2017.

1. n_p

n_p Active Member

google: enable adb android 6.0

Whats ADP, btw?

edit: The only additional info I will repeat is, that if your X9S is connected to your network via WLAN, you might have to root and use the Wifi ADB app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.wifiadb ) as well. Not sure.

edit2: Come to think of it, you might even have to root and install Wifi ADB even, if you are on LAN. By default it might be open to USB only...

Please excuse this oversight, im coming from Amazon Fire TV devices, where the Android Debug Bridge is open over WLAN as soon as you activate the toggle in settings.

I have it working on the X9S as well though. But I understand that rooting the Box just for this might be something some people dont want to do.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  2. n_p

n_p Active Member

No.

:)

Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

I dont work for Zidoo, I dont work for virtual ranks, titles or points, so I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to choose my writing style (layered complexity) the way I want to. And dont ever think of me as a "support tool" you could form in the interest of this corporate venture.

I even promise to leave the community in the dust, once Zidoo hits mass popularity and more "fix my issues - I dont want to bother learning stuff" requests come flooding in. Free of charge.

Liberty. Its a curse.. ;)

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

tell that to north corea

4. boblo

boblo Member

No! Don't leave us! :(

Now, seriously, I (and a few others) appreciate your work (thanks to you we know the last color issue), but HaoSs is right. No offense but try to summarize your posts because they are kilometric and hard to read. Are you a teacher or professor? ;)

Thank you, we need expert people like you :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  5. n_p

n_p Active Member

Neither. :) But I like writing/language, and I didn't grow up on smartphones. :) (Barely missed it at least in my early years.. ;) )

Also, no offense taken. Its more a dislike of having to cater to the "whats the best, what do you guys think", and "whats the most simple way to" audience, that usually decides, or wants their problems to be solved, without any details, and without having to learn much about anything. I'm not so good dealing with those requests. ;)

Also, I believe that people should be paid for dealing with them ("support" vs "community"), because its not that fun, at that point. That said - I've seen many "product communities" that in the later days of popularity were supposed to function as a "let me RTFM for you, then feed it to you three selected sentences at a time" service, for the usual twitter/facebook/reddit audience. :)

In the end, its a ratio thing.. ;) (Early adopters vs. mass audience)

6. htpc

htpc Member

edit: deletet o.t

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  7. VonMagnum

VonMagnum Member

So there's no way possible to access the internal hard drive of the Zidoo without rooting the device or running a bunch-o-crap requiring hacker or god-like knowledge? The FireTV is a snap to get to its drives by comparison. All I want to do is copy my current KODI database and some preference files over to the KODI directory on the Zidoo. But there doesn't appear to be any simple way to access it.