Maybe we could get a thread for the alpha releases

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by cucnz, Apr 11, 2024.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

NOT to post the Alpha testing firmwares ,but just to post when a new one is out ,and what fixes its targetting

Mostly since patches have become , non existant , but we do know there was a .80 alpha with fixes for MP7 and other stuff

Think of it as a MAJOR public relations thread since so many have returned buggy boxes (for them ...mine has avoided most of the bugs some are getting) ,or have gotten totally disheartened with zidoos seeming pull out of supporting their Pro range of media players before fixing any of the advertised features we paid for

V1.0.60 ..Based on v1.0.52

System
    1. Fixed the issue of screen flickering when playing certain x265 re-encoded DV sources in DV output.
    2. Fixed the problem of normal audio but stuttering image in certain 4K clips during playback.
    3. Fixed the issue of incorrect YUV output parameters in certain color settings modes.
    4. Fixed the problem of inability to activate 3D mode when playing 3D content on certain laser TVs.
    5. Fixed the issue of playback abnormalities when automatically switching to the next episode while playing Dolby Vision MP4 series on the poster wall.
    6. Fixed the problem of bookmark playback lag when playing VC1 encoded 1080P content.
    7. Fixed the problem of being unable to skip the ending credits in MKV series with chapters when the \"skip ending credits\" option is set on the poster wall.
    8. Fixed the issue of having sound but no image when playing certain special video sources.
    9. Fixed the problem of not retaining HDR settings when using custom EDID.
    10. Modified the logic of VS10 to prioritize HDR output when connecting to HDR TVs to play DV+HDR content.
    11. Fixed the issue of incorrect chapter display when using the remote control page-turning key to switch chapters.
    12. Optimized the compatibility of playing built-in webvtt subtitles.
    13. Optimized the issue of playback stuttering when playing Blu-ray with built-in super-stream subtitles.
    14. Optimized the compatibility of playing certain DV single-track dual-layer x265 10bit sources.
    15. Fixed the occasional issue of losing subtitles when playing certain MKV content with embedded subtitles.
    16. Fixed the problem of occasional aspect ratio restoration to 16:9 after setting the aspect ratio to 2.35:1 and unplugging the HDMI cable.
    17. Optimized the issue of incomplete file display in NTFS hard disk SMB sharing.
    18. Optimized subtitle downloads.
    19. Fixed the issue of no screen display when long-pressing the power button in screensaver mode.
    20. Fixed the problem of occasional silent SPDIF output when HDMI output is turned off.
    21. Fixed abnormal playback issues for some videos via USB or SATS hard drives.
    22. Optimized audio source code output.
    23. Optimized SMB sharing settings in system settings.
    24. Added WiFi hotspot function in system settings.
    25. Optimized the issue of automatic exit during video playback in certain cases.
    26. Enhanced system stability.

Home Theater
    1. Optimized language settings function.
    2. Fixed the matching of multiple series and animations.
    3. Improved actor matching accuracy.
    4. Fixed the issue of occasionally not being able to retrieve the actor list.
    5. Optimized TV series matching function.

File Manager
    1. Fixed the issue of favorite folders displaying hidden files.
    Music Player
    1. Optimized lyrics search function.
    2. Optimized EMBY playback function.
    3. Optimized multi-channel music playback.
    4. Enhanced playback stability.

V1.0.65 ..Based on v1.0.60

1. Optimized occasional stuttering in audio degradation of specific videos.
    2. Optimized the issue with incorrect chapter number display when switching chapters using the remote control shortcut keys.
    3. Optimized the problem of a slightly gray background in some cropped video scenes.
    4. Optimized the occasional issue of certain videos playing without sound.
    5. Optimized occasional playback crashes in certain videos.
    6. Optimized the metadata refresh function in the poster wall.
    7. Enhanced playback stability.

V1.0.75 ..Based on v1.0.65

1. Optimized HDMI audio output.
    2. Optimized abnormal display of video names in the playback interface.
    3. Fixed occasional stuttering issues in individual videos.
    4. Optimized HDR output mode.
    5. Fixed occasional no output issue when starting playback.
    6. Fixed occasional player crash when starting playback.
    7. Optimized occasional subtitle display overlap issue.
    8. Optimized multi-channel playback in the music player.
    9. Optimized occasional failure to end scanning in the poster wall.
    10. Optimized manual matching function in the poster wall.
    11. Enhanced system stability.

v1.0.83 ..Based on V1.0.75/80
    1. Optimize the loading speed of posters on the poster wall.
    2. Optimize the parsing of NFO files for the poster wall.
    3. Optimize the occasional crash issue of the poster wall.
    4. Optimize the occasional inability to set resolution in quick settings.
    5. Fix the issue where modifying subtitle color in the built-in text subtitles of the player does not take effect.
    6. Add HDMI color space setting function to quick settings.
    7. Optimize the issue of some hard drives not being recognized.
    8. Optimize the occasional crash issue of one-key cleaning.
    9. Fix the issue of some movies displaying cropped edges.
    10. Fix the occasional black screen issue when playing some movies.
    11. Fix the issue of occasional system interface displaying in the upper left corner.
    12. Fix the issue of some movies displaying incorrect colors.
    13. Add some default EDIDs.
    14. Optimize the issue of some hard drives not recognizing files.
    15. Fix the issue of lock resolution not taking effect.
    16. Optimize system stability.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    dr4go and darky_zidoo like this.
  2. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I doubt there are any alpha releases since .80 alpha. They seem to not care about scamming people into buying boxes that are not finished. Then leaving them with a useless piece or hardware that causes more problems than there worth. Serious issues will never get fixed. They did this before when people were complaining about no firmware for a while, so they released a firmware that only had an hourly notification Feature and that was it. Then added some fake vague fixes and optimizations to the changelog that were not there to make it look like they were working on something. This company is seriously the worst I have ever had. The only thing that works on this device is the home page. The player, all the settings, posterwall and the handling of hard drives from USB Ports are all buggy as hell and Zidoo does not care one bit.

3. husmoaschta

husmoaschta New Member

Totally agree. I sold mine and went for a Dune

4. ANIMATEK

ANIMATEK New Member

What a sad reality to be in.

5. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

For relatively new players there are hardly firmware releases

6. xskip

xskip Active Member

you are still here? great. enjoying free z9x pro? or just for trashing them? also great.
    have a blast.
    mine pro is great, no problems.
    :rolleyes:

7. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Oh I've been here for years trashing them. I don't remember seeing you here before your last comment. You will run into problems or you don't use your player as much as everybody else........ thanks for the typical Nube comment though. you have obviously never owned a Zidoo product before this one or you wouldn't gloat and act like you know what you are talking about, cause even us seasoned Zidoo customers are sick of them. if you don't have any problems which I find extremely hard to believe then you are part of the 5 % that don't have problems. people like you that don't have any problems usually don't get the best out of the box, meaning they don't use Dolby Vision, don't have too many drives in their setup, they don't have large file sizes or large libraries and don't ever touch their settings.

and what are you doing on the forums if you don't have any problems? aside from gloating that yours works perfect?

xskip likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

9. xskip

xskip Active Member

Yes, i'm part of the 5 % :cool:
    Yes, i commented on your posts few times before.
    Yes, i have a large collection DV 4K Blu-rays. ISO, mkvs...etc.
    YES, i use pro every day. Every. F*. Day. ;)

You: mar. 20: "I have spent more time trying to get it to work, then actual video watching. it's seriously pathetic! even though I got it for free. it's still not worth it with the issues it has and the neglect of the company..... they would have to pay me to use their product next time."

You: mar. 24: "I'll use the money they gave me back to buy a Dune 8k. Problem solved! it's more expensive, but the specs are phenomenal over two times faster with more memory than Z9x Pro. The Dune 8k leaves zidoo in the dust. Their company will go out of business cause they ripped off all their loyal customers and left them with a useless overpriced pathetic excuse for a media box Farewell Zidoo! you will not be missed."

i was just pointing out, that you returned free player, said farewell and bought Dune 8k.
    why are you still here?
    go to Dune forum and trash their player there.

Sory if i KNOW how to use Z9X Pro and you don't.

Have a nice day, great weekend, enjoy your new Dune player.

10. zsimonbohn

zsimonbohn New Member

well said, my Pro is awesome, no issues at all that affect my enjoyment.

xskip likes this.
  11. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

Why the need to be so rude and sarcastic. So yours is awesome good for you . A lot of them are not.The old range is far better .Just like every product some won't have a problem with them while others will.
    Don't need to be so unpleasant so he got his money back good for him as a product it is not as described by the makers and the lack of updates is extremely poor. That's why people are frustrated you are entitled to your opinions But remember so are others

xskip likes this.
  12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Updated original post ,with all the changelogs ,including new alpha .83

dr4go likes this.
  13. dr4go

dr4go Member

Thank you, but just a suggestion if I may: make it chronologically: it doesn't make sense to keep the 1.0.80 first, then down to v1.0.52 and last comes the newest one. either get the v1.0.83 up or re-sort the other ones.

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

changed

MrEd and dr4go like this.