Loving my Z20 Pro, Just wondering about 1080p TV

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Tom899, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Tom899

Tom899 New Member

I've had my Z20 Pro for a couple of weeks now, so far I really like it. It's hooked up to an Anthem AVM 70 processor and a JVC 4K projector.
    Maybe I would like to buy another one for another room? In this other room I'm still using a 2007 Plasma Pioneer Kuro 60" 1080p TV. For some reason it's still working great, it has 26,000 hours on it (good parts I guess) so I'm having a hard time replacing it just because it's old and outdated.
    Anyway, my question. If I buy another Zidoo, is it capable of down-sampling my 4K collection to 1080p? I have a UHD BluRay player that down-samples 4k discs well, and shuts off HDR so the picture isn't dark.
    So just wondering if a Zidoo will do the same?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, absolutely, it can convert all 4K HDR and Dolby Vision to 1080p Rec.709 using VS10.

3. Tom899

Tom899 New Member

Great news! Thank you!
    Another question please, Will I have to re-scan all my movies and cover art work, or can I somehow save and mirror to the new Zidoo?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You can export NFOs and artwork from HT4 - this produces an NFO and poster/fanart files for each movie in the movie's folder - then when you get the new box, just scan with NFO Priority and local artwork switched on in HT settings. This uses the local info rather than TMDB etc for scraping. Then you should get a mirror of what you have on the old box.

Unfortunately there's no centralised database with HT like there is with Jellyfin or Plex for example.

5. Tom899

Tom899 New Member

Thank you!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. Tom899

Tom899 New Member

Thanks for your help! My new box arrived today, sync worked perfectly! And, my 1080P TV on this second box plays everything fine.