Lost connection. Invalid source.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by orrutxo, Mar 24, 2020.

1. orrutxo

orrutxo New Member

Hello,

It is been a couple of days that I am having problems with my Z9S.

The past week I had my Z9S wire connected to a Synology NAS via nfs. I change the NAS to another location. Now the NAS is connected to a router, and the Z9S is connected to the router via wi-fi. As the IPs have not changed. The zidoo can see perfectly what is on the NAS. The strange thing is that after some minutes (10, 30 or 60) the connection is lost. I go to the sources of the Home Theater and it shows in the source of the movie: Invalid. The strange thing is that other sources in the same NAS look good. I have to switch off the Z9S to recover the connection to that source.

I have to check if I have access to that source through the explorer. I will investigate that the next time it happens.

Have anybody experienced something similar?

Regards

2. robsonec

robsonec New Member

I have the same problem with Zidoo z9s and NAS Synology, solutions have not found

3. orrutxo

orrutxo New Member

Have you tried with samba instead of nfs?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Two things spring to mind, wifi issues or an IP conflict. Both would present similarly to what you describe.

I would certainly try to connect using a LAN cable rather rely on wifi.

5. orrutxo

orrutxo New Member

Thank you for your answers. Yesterday, with samba via wifi, it worked fine.

The wifi shouldn't have problems as the router is very close to the Z9S.

With LAN, no problems but for now, the LAN is not an option as I bought the Z9S for its wifi option.

6. Smash

Smash New Member

Hi everyone, I am new here, bought my Z9S about 10 days ago.

I spend the first day setting it up, took a while to set the Home Theather to recognize everything and display the information as I wanted but I was very satisfied in the end.
    Last weekend it as working fine, these week I used it mostly for YouTube so I don't know exactly when it went wrong, but now I got the same Disconnected message.
    Firmwares are updated, connected via SMB. Today I reset to factory settings and Added the Source from the very begining, it shows everything again but when I try to restore my posters backup to save a couple of days of work, it just looses the connection again. Any idea what is going on and how to solve it?

7. Smash

Smash New Member

A little update: it just happened again, I watching it when the power went down for a couple of seconds and when it came back, DISCONNECTED.... I might be on to something

8. sbarabaus

sbarabaus New Member

Nobody found a solution?
    I have the same problem with my Z1000

9. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

Same here:
    Until yesterday my Z9S had a stable NFS connection to my QNAP NAS. When I tried this morning: No Connection.
    Nothing has changed in my network setup. As if a software license expired and a "service" was terminated.
    Even after resetting the system to "Werkseinstellung" no connection possible.
    Edit:
    After rebooting the NAS everything is OK! Thank heavens! Sorry for the false alarm!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  10. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Happened to me as well
    I switched to SMB