Local trailers

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by 1971camaroguy, May 6, 2022.

1. 1971camaroguy

1971camaroguy New Member

What is your favorite aut0-downloader for local trailers? I already have a collection set up but I need a way to automate trailer downloads.

I also have emby and plex, but I can't tell if they still downloads trailers, I know emby pulls youtube links.

Thanks in advance

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The problem with automating this is that you'll end up pulling down any old crap. The beauty of local trailers is you can download a good quality trailer of your choice - I tend to use Trailer Addict and Trailers Playground (YouTube).

I believe Tiny Media Manager can do what you want though.

3. 1971camaroguy

1971camaroguy New Member

Thanks, looking into that now, I try to grab the better trailer from my rips, but sometimes the disc doesn't have it for some reason. Especially on dvd's

But I get it it, there's some garbage trailers on youtube..I went through this trying to grab trailers for texas chainsaw series.

But I have ton of movies without trailers and it would be a dauting task trying to grab one manually for each one...I'll give tiny media manager a shot

Thanks again I appriciate it

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I spent a couple of days downloading trailers in batches to get everything in order but now if I add a movie, I just add a trailer too - takes seconds.

It's also nice to be able to edit a trailer if necessary - getting rid of unwanted game tie-in adverts at the end etc..