Chat Local trailers trouble

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Sam1992, Mar 24, 2024.

1. Sam1992

Sam1992 New Member

Hi

I'm a recent owner of a new zidoo Z9x and so far it's been great but I've just started adding my own trailers and I'm finding at random some aren't working despite been named exactly the same way as the other 90% of one's that do work, I find mainly the ones that aren't working are mainly movies where I have multiple versions e.g LOTR P1 & P2 extended editions, or movies I've got multiple mkv special features included with the main film with the correct numbering system such as: "movie title".(3#deleted scene A).mkv and so forth

Thanks
    Sam

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

For multi part movies you should use movieName.trailer.ext without the .(1#blah blah blah) bit

If you want multiple trailers, use movieName.trailer.1.ext, movieName.trailer.2.ext etc

For example:

upload_2024-3-24_11-5-59.png

3. Sam1992

Sam1992 New Member

Thanks for the reply Mark, so its funny the way I got it to work just now before I seen your reply was by leaving out the .mkv at the end of both the movie and the trailer, even though other movies work, with LOTR 2 part extended editions I had to leave .mkv out and actually name the trailer with the exact copy of the pt1 movie file""(1#extendedPt1).trailer" for it to work on both the movie itself and the trailer file. I had it the way you have yours and it just wasn't working idk?

With the above screen shot you gave does the 2 versions listed under the title actually say "main" and "4k77"?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  4. Markswift2003

Not really sure what you've done there unless you have file extensions hidden in Windows.

You can't remove the file extension because that identifies the file type which the Zidoo (and any other client, software or otherwise) needs to identify it as a video file.

So that Star Wars entry looks like this:

upload_2024-3-24_13-35-1.png

5. Sam1992

Sam1992 New Member

Omg that is super cool, can the labels be literally anything u like them to be aslong as "1#" etc is infront of the chosen word? Also is it correct that the numbering system should start with "0#" and not "1#"?

I went back and checked, so on my windows PC the file names do not show .mkv, .mp4 on any files across the board but when I view them on the zidoo media Explorer it shows the files with the extension visable automatically, I didn't even know you can hide them in windows....so maybe me adding the file extension confused it as it would of been ".mkv.mkv" but on the pc would of only showed it once

6. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

7. Markswift2003

The numbers are optional and used for ordering. You can start at 0 if you want.

See this PDF for more details:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?attachments/hometheatre-file-suffixes-and-naming-may-23-pdf.14618/

8. Sam1992

Sam1992 New Member

Thanks Mark, that's really helpful