Lionsgate Titles

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by darqman, Apr 27, 2020.

1. darqman

darqman Member

Is there any chance of a fix for playing Lionsgate titles? This is a big flaw with this player. My 4 year old Kdlinks plays them just fine but this new Z9s doesn't.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Solving obfuscated playlists (Lionsgate) and seamless branching should be possible and are specifically advertised by Dune using the new RTD1619 SOC. So Realtek seems to be addressing this finally. If it comes to the other SOC's too?

I am pretty convinced this new RTD1619 SOC will come for cheaper models too sooner or later.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  3. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

I don't think so.
    For cheaper modes Realtek has RTD1395.
    Dune has announced the Realbox 4K with it.

4. Nice Monkey

Yes for real lowend and HD Pro 4K II with RTD1619 which is a direct competitor for Zidoo Z9S. It even looks identical physically.
    RTD1296 => RTD1619 is a far bigger step than RTD1295 => RTD1296.
    I don't feel they want to let that market go. The Z9S can be kept as a cheaper alternative.

5. darqman

darqman Member

Does this mean the "fix" will be at the chip level or can Zidoo fix it with a firmware update?
    If I have to buy a new player I'm going to send this one back. I just bought it and it won't play a large percentage of my titles which is unacceptable.

6. Nice Monkey

I expect it to be fixed finally too with FW as a lot of effort went into it. The new chip will do so probably implicitly by HW/SDK.

7. darqman

darqman Member

That's good to know. I guess I'll hang onto the player. I am impressed they have a forum and are actively releasing new FW. Thanks for all the info guys.