Latest Home Theatre for Z9S?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by furzgesicht, Jun 4, 2022.

1. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

Hey Mc Bluna,

will there be a "port" of the latest Home Theatre version for the z9s? Will you give support for future updates for this player?

The latest Home Theatre version fixed the "imdb, roten tomatoes probs" according to the change log which gives this update a special meaning for me.
    As a result I think about rooting my 3 "z9s"-devices to install your version if it'll be released.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

furzgesicht

2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

3. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

Top Job, thank you very much!

4. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

Hey Mc Bluna,

I rooted one of my devices, started the "terminal Emulator", then tried to type the cmds from your site with the screen keyboard but nothing is happening. The screen keyboard does not work. The chosen letters do NOT appear on the screen....oder do I need a hardware keyboard???

UPDATE:
    Ok solved this, it just takes approximately 90secs until the cmd line starts automatically...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  5. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

Ok, after rooting the z9s and installing the latest .apk from Mc Bluna I face a frustrating problem. No posters are loaded. This must has something to do with loosing writing access to the z9s internal storage. No matter which directory of the internal storage I chose the z9s always says "the directory you selected does not have write permission and the poster cannot be saved. Please select the directory again." pic see below (german language).

[​IMG]

How can I solve this and get back writing permissions on my Z9S?

And yes, I tried all 3 other options for saving the posters, no success, but the recommended one is "custom dir" anyway...

one more thought: When I want to select a directory, I am shown the following internal dirs. Aren't some missing there? I seem to remember that once there were many more..?! Wasn't there a "Home Theatre"-dir for example or am I wrong? Maybe this could give a hint what is happening...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  6. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

Ok, something is wrong with the rights management of the Zidoo, I even can't specify an USB-stick as the destionation folder (no writing access, see above), any clues are welcome.

sorry, solved this again on my own: I forgot to give writing access in the Android menu 4 this app.

So sorry for this flooding, but maybe this will help any1 else in the future with same or similar problems... ;)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  7. McBluna

8. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

McBluna, will you also support the z9s device with your own compiled, new HomeTheatre Versions in the future? That would be great!

9. McBluna

Currently I've no plan to stop doing it.

10. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

11. McBluna

Are you asking for Z9S running the modded v4.2.08?

12. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

13. McBluna

I've tested the file on Z9X, Z9S and X9S and it works only on Z9X. But the playback has nothing to do with the home theater app.
    Screenshot_20220620-201312.png

Z9S & X9S
    20220620_201336.jpg

Z9X 20220620_201919.jpg

14. McBluna

15. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

Thank you for your help and effort! The Zidoo Team seems either incabable or unwilling to solve this.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  16. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

McBluna, Thank you for the latest Z9S-port of the HomeTheatre from 16th of July. This version finally fixes the trailer problem, which even plays in the correct language if available on youtube!
    Now this player is perfect for all my needs!
    What a shame that those who do not want to root their Z9s probably cannot participate.

17. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

With the latest version of HT the (youtube-) trailer won't start any more, downgraded to 4.2.17 and trailer are playing fine.
    In my opinion the developers should do their job more accurately...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  18. Lorantz24

Lorantz24 New Member

Hi McBluna!
    First of all, I want to thank You for the HT updates!
    I'm using a Z9S and in all of your versions there's a problem with continuously playing tv series episodes. It can't work automatically nor manual with the remote. It shows “unsupported operation“.
    Do you know what's the problem?
    Thank You!

Tarantula likes this.