Large 2gb of RAM?.......... "Does not Support Larger Video Libraries"

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

You have a problem? What is that problem? Exactly how many files do you have, what media are you using to store those files on, and how are you accessing those files? What other apps do you run on your Zidoo? Before we know what your problem may and may not be, maybe you should give us all the details. You may have a problem but it may not be the player's fault. Details matter. So far, you haven't provided any. How do you even know more RAM will solve your problem?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  2. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I have had this problem since I took it out of the box when I first purchased and through 5 factory resets in the last 5 months this problem has remained. I have about 4000 files that are TV Shows and Movies. My setup works fine with twice that amount on my Nvidia Shield so....... it is definitely a problem with the player.

3. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

There isn't a single, actionable piece of information you provided that anybody can use to offer you any assistance except tell you that you should've returned it when you could've. If it didn't have enough memory, why did you buy it. Better yet, why did you keep it?

I have a 2019 Shield too and it works fine with my setup too. What does that mean? Not much in a material sense to point anyone to a solution or that the amount of RAM is your problem. You do understand the HT app is largely a database and a large amount of files can be represented in a relatively small database?

Once again, what media are you using? How is it attached to your Zidoo? What method is being used to access your files? What are you running on your Zidoo?

4. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Obviously, you are a fanboy that gets upset when people talk about your favorite brand, so much that you don't know how to read. I said it's been like that since I took it out of the box, so obviously I didn't have anything installed. Maybe try reading instead of getting all bent out of shape. If you knew anything you'd know it's a software problem as well as ram. Also, I'm sick of repeating myself. My phone has 12GB of ram, but zidoo for the price they charge and only supply 2GB as well as downgrading the power supply shows all they care about is skimming off the top to make more money. My Nvidia Shield is the same price, but I don't have to worry about it being slow, or scrapper not working, or subtitle problems, or problems changing the backgrounds, or playback problems, or crashes, or translation problems, or the fact they're to busy working on the next box to sell us and not fixing the one they already sold us. These problems I do not have with My Nvidia Shield and that being a name brand does not justify the price of the Z9X. If it wasn't for the DV playback I would have laughed and kept shopping. Being a beta tester was not what these people signed up for. There is way too many problems with their boxes and they don't do proper bug testing.

mutt likes this.
  5. Cary Grant

Cary Grant New Member

How can I put it , it is not the size of individual media files for example the a typical UHD disc size is 75-90Gb but if the UHD is a tv series as opposed to a movie this generates a significant difference in the information for HT4. Media storage requirement is independent of database storage requirements. In fact media storage is not locally in flash storage this is where apps and the sqlite HT4 database reside and this is the issue as this fills up then the box slows down and can cause crashes.
    As I stated in a previous posts, TV series generate a lot more database entries for a relatively small overall media storage requirements. Therefore the box will have to parse a lot more information to produce the wall views for TV series etc etc. This can and does cause issues for some users. Documenting how big your media collection is, does not address the actual issue at hand here

6. muha

muha Active Member

WD TV Hub has 256Mb of RAM and can crunch 8Tb Collection of TV Shows. It is just matter of how you optimise your software. It would be stupid to load entire library information into RAM. Especially now with SSD disc where crunch of info can be fast loaded and searched.