Kodi in Zidoo x9 is just terrible sound behind the image,why split hairs if still the sound does not

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by twenti, Aug 9, 2015.

1. twenti

twenti New Member

Kodi in Zidoo x9 is just terrible sound behind the image,why split hairs if still the sound does not play in HD,when set to normal KODI desync the sound is not,but is only output 2 channel stereo

2. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Kodi was installed by youself?
    Kodi is indeed a problem, not only on the x9, in many devices also have this problem, please play through the local file manager.

3. twenti

twenti New Member

KODI is installed when you upgrade the firmware 1.0.36 why you need the settings in kodi dts-hd ma ,dd true hd if the console does not play this format even in the media browser

4. warren_wh

Settings->System->Sound->S/PDIF
    chose 【PCM】or【RAW】

5. twenti

twenti New Member

Any settings in the system or RAW PCM audio is not achieved, the audio output is in DTS-HD MA,DDTHD it is implemented in the firmware xtreamer prodigy on the same CPU http://www.xtreamer.net/Prodigy-4k/

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  6. papiguy

papiguy Member

Sorry twenty, your link leads to a product which has been tested and seems to me of a far lower quality compared to X9, even if some features appear to be curiously exactly the same.
    - the recording (Hdmi In) tests performed gave very poor results, while those made on X9 are correct.
    - my main concern about the xtreamer is the hard disc and the related fan which is small : what about the noise after aging ?
    For a device which needs to be installed in the room where TV is watched, noise is not acceptable. For example the Popcorn A410, which has a hard disc, has static cooling and thus no fan (the noise of the fan is to be added to the noise of the hard disc).
    Thus, hardware configuration of the Zidoo X9 is preferable.
    Talking about quality of the sound needs to be objective. your answer is a joke.

7. twenti

twenti New Member

My answer to this is no joke, I put the firmware Xtreamer Prodigy 4k on your zidoo x9 and it actually output the sound through the Explorer in DTS-HD,DDTHD I mean how to adapt the firmware Xtreamer Prodigy 4k for zidoo z9 processors are the same

8. papiguy

papiguy Member

So sorry twenti, I misunderstood your posts.
    As the chip on both devices is the same, there is no reason for not upgrading the firmware of the X9 in order to get a better sound.
    My satellite box can provide DTS and DTS+ sound channels, and my home cinema can support 5.1 and 7.1 sound tracks. It would be nice to have such upgrading.
    Thanks.

nb: my notes regarding the noise of a hard disc and a fan are still valid.

9. warren_wh

Hi Teenti,
    Thank you very much for your support to us.
    Is the same processor, but the serial number is different, x9 can support to 5.1.

10. twenti

twenti New Member

The fact that the number of the cpu can and another and when the installation temperature not higher as zidoo x9 5.1 sound you can adapt the firmware xtreamer prodigy 4k for zidoo x9 and all will be happy

11. DougS

DougS New Member

You are saying that you put the Prodigy firmware on your X9 and it was able to output better audio?

12. twenti

twenti New Member

Yes, the sound is output in DTS-HD MA in Explorer

13. DragonFly

DragonFly Member

This issue is about KODI on the X9. Not the X9 itself, the chip or the apps on the X9

Throughout this forum, every time someone asks about sound issues (pass-trough, etc) within Kodi, a Zidoo representative almost always answers that the X9 supports HD-audio, 5.1 or whatever and thereby conveniently avoiding the audio playback issues in Kodi.

So, Zidoo let me ask simply ask this:
    • Can there be or will there ever be flawless HD audio-pass through on KODI on the X9 (not its own video player)?
    • If not, will future product (x6) support this

14. don knox

don knox New Member

Thanks DragonFly, for posting this issue. I've been bringing this up since I purchased it 6 months ago. The only support for Digital Audio is in a native player with native files. This is ridiculous and hardly could be considered support of Digital Audio. No reason streaming services and Kodi shouldn't be properly passing through Digital Audio. Anytime I try to install a Netflix .apk that supports Digital Audio I get a parsing error. Sorry, but Audio is a huge part of a media player. I have never got a response on any of my posts. I have no idea what the hell people are using this thing for if not a home theater media player. I've already starting looking for a better media box that will offer proper Digital Audio for all apps. I would steer anyone away from this product.