Kodi for poster wall instead of Home Theater app?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by SilverBlade, Oct 13, 2017.

1. SilverBlade

SilverBlade New Member

Is it possible to use Kodi instead of the Home Theater app to create the Poster Wall?

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

With new update on the Hometheater app you can now choose diff movie poster’s easily .

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can use ZDMC with " use external player on " , kodi will do the library and the playback will be trough zidoo media player. ( P.S. some reported crashes with zdmc and external player over samba , for local playback alt least for me works fine)

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Delucas,

you talk about the current home theater app or the new one next month

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

The new next one coming soon
    You have a choice of movie poster to choose from .

6. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

yes, i'm looking forward to it being available.

DELUCAS likes this.
  7. SilverBlade

SilverBlade New Member

I plan on having all of my drives connected to USB anyways. I don't own a NAS. Too expensive.

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

You actually own a NAS. The x10. :p

9. Swade507

Swade507 New Member

Instead of using Kodi, anyone use mizuu apk? The app searches but only sees internal storage and there is no mnt. Extension that shows the attached USB external drives. You can see then if the search via Samba but this is too slow signals go back through the wireless or so it seems. Small file like TV shows play ok but larger ones don't. The MX player works better than external player. The goal is to play shows from mizuu as well as the internal x10 poster program. It worked perfectly on himedia Q10 Pro and on A10 egreat but the USB drives are not as "sticky" as X10. By this I mean after turn off and back on they register differently. Mizuu app has not been updated for 2 years and is free. A replacement was in beta called Jolly but I didn't pull the beta copy when made available and it is not available now but Mizuu is still available at its own website. I find it superior in many ways. In the 5.1 OS you see a mnt. Extension off the internal storage folders and then see the drives line up to the mnt directory. With the 6x OS this mnt folder is hidden unless you go Samba route. Is there any way to change this to work more like the 5.1 OS and use the internal player to pass through HD sound, etc.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  10. Swade507

Swade507 New Member

Can go into detail setting up the x10 as a NAS server with USB drives attached?

11. Davicom

Davicom Member

Power on your X10 with internal/external storage attached. Openwrt is still ready to share them. Very immediately. Simple.
    Edit: i forgot: after you have power on you need to set "on" samba share so go into "setting"-->"others" and activate it

12. Swade507

Swade507 New Member

I see the drives under the NAS with the Openwrt server and it loads into Misuu fine but the movies will not play with the Zidoo player so their s no sound pass through. The best I can do is MX Player. Is there something else I'm missing?

13. Davicom

Davicom Member

I don't know Misuu app. It's very strange about no passthrough. Are you newer owner? Did you have read zidoo page "Support" about right settings for passthrough? At this point, try to launch a movie from Multimedial Centre to see if problem remain...

14. Swade507

Swade507 New Member

You misunderstand, the Zidoo player is chosen instead of other players and activated but it spins for a while and then says it can't play the file. Try it again but choose MX Player and it plays the movie but MX player can only play in stereo.