Kodi and the X1

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by user59, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I guess we have to wait until Kodi and/or Zidoo come up with a universal fix.

2. Jens

Jens Member

Some Kodi optimization hint:

I'm usally playing files only from my home-made NAS server (WHS 2011), no local media. I just played around and was surprised how smooth is runs in comparision to the X9 box ...

Anyway I still get buffering while playing files with a huge bitrates. My "high-end" test scenario is the waterfall scene at about 27:30 min. of the Avatar BD (untouched) which delivers about 68 Mbit/s at peaks. As expected I got that buffering ... playing 30 seconds and got buffering ...

So I tuned Kodi with the cache settings and it is running much better. Not 100% without buffering but better ;) The waterfall scene is playing fine now, at some certain chapters with high bitrate over a longer period buffering is still present.

These are the settings I'm using now:

Code:
    <advancedsettings>
     <network>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <cachemembuffersize>80943040</cachemembuffersize>
        <readbufferfactor>30</readbufferfactor>
     </network>
    </advancedsettings>

Put these definitions into a file named "advancedsettings.xml" and transfer it to the Kodi user data folder

/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

You may download the file from google drive as well:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1q2CGHGzNsFOHNSei1pLTEzT1k/view?usp=sharing

In case you don't have a ftp server to transfer the files to the box I could recommend to install the ftp server from the playstore (easy to configure and use)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icecoldapps.ftpserverultimate

PS: I assume 2 GB of RAM would be the key ... :)

3. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Nice find Jens and thanks for the tip.

I'll try it out.