Just got my new box, Switched it on, Zidoo sign came up on screen then screen turned green

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Alan Mather, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Alan Mather

Alan Mather New Member

OK, I understand. Thank you.

I've set my box up now to link my NAS movies and film library through my home theatre system (passthrough) to TV and surround sound speakers & all is working well. I'm using ethernet network.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. pgabo21

pgabo21 New Member

Hi guys I have green screen error my box, too. It's a Zidoo x9s
    I attach a video about the problem:

my Zidoo just arrived few days ago, and it started to give green screen errors.. what do you think is this some type of hardware problem or something wrong with the software? I can't do anything. I turn on the box, Zidoo logo appears then in a half minute green screen of death come. I tried to hard RESET the box, reflash it but the problem is the same. The box worked perfect on the first day but it offered me to update to newer firmware and since then it "bricked" . I tried every method I found on internet but the problem is the same. I tried it on an LG LEDTV, SHARP LEDTV, SAMSUNG HDMONITOR but the result is the same. I also tried with 3 different HDMI cable and all the HDMI ports on the TVs. Please help me guys solve this problem!

3. szefo

szefo Active Member

4. pgabo21

pgabo21 New Member

I tried this method a hundred times, and all kind of methods which i found on the existing internet. Only spawn_lmg's method start to do something:

spawn_lmg said:
    Unpack this file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3w7N84Ful-d0ZhU0w4OXJlWW8/view?usp=sharing
    copy install.img on USB Flash with FAT32
    Unpack this file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3w7N84Ful-T0phemdnSFpvLUU/view?usp=sharing
    copy four files:
    bluecore.audio
    emmc.uImage
    rescue.emmc.dtb
    rescue.root.emmc.cpio.gz_pad.img

to the same USB Flash with FAT32
    Turned off TV box, unplug all connected in USB and SATA devices, insert the USB flash into the box
    turn ON TV box, but NOT PRESS RESET
    wait...

But after the install finish, X9S reboots, on lcd HELLO_ , the Zidoo logo appears for 1-2 minutes, then the screen goes green and the box freezes.

5. JohnS

JohnS Member

This is not normal, why is it takes too long to boot?
    Consider returning your unit back. I believe you have tried with other hdmi cables, have you?