jittery recordings

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by Kurt, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Kurt

Kurt Member

The jitter (or stop and go type of look) seen in the ticker and the 'alert' sign at the bottom of the video, happens if the file is TS or MP4.
    It also happens FHD, HD, or VGA.
    It also happens on whatever I record to (7200rpm HDD, Thum Drive, Internal card, and any USB port used as a connection.

2. Kurt

Kurt Member

If the problem is firmware, will a lower version fix the problem AND can kodi 15.2 run successfully on a lower version firmware?

3. Kurt

Kurt Member

For anyone interested, I just bought a tronsmart pavo m9 and I am not having the same recording jitter issues.
    This box is basically the same as the zidoo, except I think it has 1/2 the memory.

So I am pretty sure now that the jitter recordings are a firmware problem.
    Full HD is recording fine on the internal card.

4. papiguy

papiguy Member

Of course it is a firmware problem.
    I have two main TV service providers:
    - the first, via satellite provides a 1080i or 720p signal: jitter occurs for 1080i only
    - the second provides 1080p or 720p signal: no jittering

nb1: option 1080i has been suppressed from v1.0.2.1
    nb2: before installing the X9, I was using an AverMedia Game Capture HD2 (C285) recording more or less at the same rate (30 fps): no jittering even for 1080i.
    As a result I have reinstalled the AverMedia to allow a correct recording of 1080i, the X9 recording the other resolutions. A pity....

5. Kurt

Kurt Member

I am recording off Dish network VIP211 receiver. Not sure yet if it is 1080i or p (I think its 1080i)
    HD or SD recordings both will jitter (any formats I try)

6. RobertC

RobertC New Member

Hi there,

I had the same problem. I downgraded the firmware to 1.0.3.9 and all seemed fixed. I then installed ver16.0 of kodi and the problem came back. I then went to the google play store and installed TS Screen Recorder Pro v3.1.4 and the problem is fixed.
    TS Screen Recorder Pro must be writing over some corrupted files during the installation. I hope this helps.

Robert

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  7. Kurt

Kurt Member

thanks Robert, I will give it a try and report back!

8. Kurt

Kurt Member

Thanks but I cant get it to work

I keep getting a mux codec error every time I try to record with this.
    I cant change the default recording drive
    I keep getting pop up advertisements about every minute.

kurt

9. RobertC

RobertC New Member

Hi Kurt,

After you install TS Screen Recorder then uninstall it. The pop-ups will go away and so will the screen shaking.
    I purchased a second X9 and this time I did not downgrade the os. I installed kodi 16.0 which gave my recordings the shakes. But when I installed TS Screen Recorder and then uninstalled it all of the shakes went away on my new recordings.
    Give it a try, works on my two X9's.

Robert

10. Popi Bonnici

Popi Bonnici New Member

Dear all...could you even consider that we bought the X9 because was listed that it was able to record? There are no excuses for the manufacturer....they have to fix it, not us trying some way to make it wornking properly.
    Definetely I waste money and time on the X9...
    We shoul keep aware other customer that would buy it !!!

Paul Collins likes this.
  11. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Having the same problem , this box is going back , its essentially broken as it is. I Have contacted admin , and no reply , no other firmware release to fix it..

Guys I bought both a sandisk extreme pro sdhc micro sd (the fastest write speed around) and I also bought a Usb 3.0 Sandisk Extreme (one of the fastest thumbsticks around) and the jitter is unacceptable.

1080p is unwatchable
    720p on Ts format gives eye strain but is the best the box can do
    720p on Mp4 is unwatchable

This will be returned to Amazon with a negative review.

Its unacceptable.

12. Paul Collins

Paul Collins Member

Ok Guys did more troubleshooting

The story is that I have full hd and hd working at close to optimum as possible.

Basically if you want the x9 as a hdmi recorder , do not install firmware .42 the firmware produces unreliable and eratic frame rate, 720p was watchable but the framerate drops were very noticeable , 1080p was unwatchable.

The solution

Flash the zidoo x9 with mstarupgrade.bin . Be careful very careful you can brick your box, if you interupt power supply.

The flash will downgrade your firmware , as a result , 720p and 1080p are close to flawless on ts format. 720p on mp4 is a small bit unstable on 720p , though still vastly improved, 1080p on mp4 has still a bit to go.

So solution take the later firmware version off the zidoo.

I cant believe that zidoo have .42 on the market as the latest firmware, when its absolutely produces unwatchable results.

Zidoo team: can you please update your firmware to a workable version, the box is capable as older firmware versions demonstrate..

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016