Jerky playback of Fuji 4K videos

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Dom107, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Dom107

Dom107 New Member

Hello,

I regularly try to view videos from my Fuji camera with the latest Zidoo beta firmwares.
    The playback is jerky on Z1000Pro. It stops then restarts to stop again... etc..

I record in 4K, h265, 100Mb/s, 25 i/s. The file name is suffixed by MOV.
    Is it a bug or such file is not compatible with Z1000Pro?

I have no problem with movies neither with others 4K at 25 i/s.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's not bitrate - if your delivery medium is capable, these boxes can reach 400mbps.

25i is an odd one - there's absolutely no reason for anything in the digital domain to be interlaced, but that should simply translate to 50p.

It's possible it's the wrapper - as a test, remux one of these files with MKVToolnix to an MKV and see if that makes a difference.

3. Dom107

Dom107 New Member

25 i/s is for 25 images / seconds.
    Recording using LongGop.

For the least, there are some compatibility problems with Z1000Pro.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

25i is an interlaced 50Hz video signal where one 25Hz frame is made up of two 50Hz fields of half the horizontal resolution - ie every other line is used which are then interlaced (hence the "i") to produce the final frame - it used to be how analogue video was recorded but in the digital domain there is no need for it at all.

As I say, try to remux first with MKVToolnix.