ISO-SACD problems

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by camerinik, Sep 21, 2019.

1. camerinik

camerinik New Member

Music Player 5 reproduces ISO SACD only stereo and non-multichannel audio. how is it possible?
    I have various ISOs that contains both the stereo version and the multichannel version. the reader does not detect the multichannel version. Is unbelievable.
    I installed foobar, Poweramp, but nobody is able to read the ISO. Is someone aware of a solution?
    Thanks a lot

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

No this won't work under Android as it is too CPU intensive: SACD extraction + DST decompression + conversion to PCM in MCH all in real time. Even the Stereo track is a real challenge which only the recent Music Player 5 achieved.

What I do is using a PC program to extract the MCH DSD audio and convert these to MCH FLAC. Music Player 5 plays those just fine. Some sound just amazing in MCH even when converted.

What about optional native DSD Stereo/MCH output via HDMI? It is potentially technically possible but if it ever comes?

This baby may be able to offer it all as it has a lot more juice:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-the-ultimate-zidoo-media-audio-player.50617/

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    karipu likes this.
  3. camerinik

camerinik New Member

thank you so much!
    At this point, if this is the case, I would kindly ask you for some useful program to convert an iso sacd in multichannel Flac. Or, in other words, what are you use.
    Thanks a lot

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You may use JRiver or Korg excellent commercial applications (or the absolute best Weiss Saracon) and FooBar2000 (with plugin) which is open source.

I use free SONORE ISO2DSD for ISO album conversions as the first step (outputs individual tracks in DSF or DFF either 2CH or MCH). Use DSF myself as my preferred DSD format. Some good Music Player APP's will play DSF tracks directly (but mostly not DSF compressed DFF tracks).

These individual tracks may be converted to whatever you like next with e.g DbPoweramp or Foobar2000 (both requiring plugins). No it is not as easy as converting WAV to FLAC or MP3.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  5. camerinik

camerinik New Member

Thanks a lot