Is there a guide for the Zidoo V7 IR Remote Control?

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by xpabl0b, Oct 9, 2022.

1. xpabl0b

xpabl0b New Member

I am the new owner of the Zidoo Z9X, and apart from the inability to prevent subtitles automatically displaying with every file played, I am very happy with it. It came with the V7 IR remote control. I do not have very good sight and I am having a hard time working out what all the buttons on this control do, as well as how to use the programmable buttons. I would be most grateful if anyone could point me to a guide to the V7 buttons, if such a thing exists. Thanks.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

To turn subtitles off, go to Settings/Playback/Default language/Default Subtitles and set to "Off":

Screenshot_20221009-111446.png

If you want forced subtitles on, go to Settings/Playback/Forced Subtitle:

Screenshot_20221009-111612.png

User manuals (Chinese and English) are here:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_article/support_target/KBiYl1ZANudKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

The Z9X manual doesn't have an image of the remote, but the Z9S manual does and you can zoom right into it with a PDF viewer.

3. xpabl0b

xpabl0b New Member

Thank you very much for this. Interestingly, my Zidoo did not have the 'Off' option for the subtitles (which I had previously looked for) but instead there was an option called 'Shutdown' which did the same thing.

4. xpabl0b

xpabl0b New Member

One final question: When I tap right or left on the central circular button on the V7 playback jumps forwards or backwards by 8 seconds. Is this amount fixed? I am sure I read somewhere that it can be modified.

5. Markswift2003

Yes, there are some odd translations...

6. Markswift2003

It can be changed in Settings/Playback/Function Keys

7. xpabl0b

xpabl0b New Member

Thank you so much for all your help. I absolutely LOVE my Z9X!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  8. xpabl0b

xpabl0b New Member

Another couple of 'final' questions: is it possible to alter the length of time each screensaver image is displayed? I believe the default is 5 seconds which I find a bit short. On a related matter, is it possible to alter the amount of time before the screensaver kicks in and the screensaver images are displayed? I believe the default is 5 seconds which again I find a bit short.