Is it possible to play music on multiple devices via the A6?

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by Baffler65, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Irishboy

Irishboy New Member

Airplay2 requires hardware change, just like lumin the protocol won’t work in a6 therefore maybe future
    Hardware upgrades but firmware won’t make it work, looks like no multiroom

2. Lesfetes

Lesfetes New Member

My 2017 Bose SoundTouch Wave IV came with AirPlay and got a Airplay2 firmware update about 3 years ago without any hardware changes.
    It would surprise me a 2023 product comes with such hardware limitation; though I’m not technically knowledgeable enough to know the AirPlay2 protocol details and restrictions.

Riley and Nutul like this.
  3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

The adoption of AirPlay 2 won't require any hardware update, it's just a different protocol to be implemented at software level.

Riley likes this.
  4. Irishboy

Irishboy New Member

Wondering why Lumin can’t do it, they say impossible for any manufacturer to change airplay 1 to airplay 2 at software level, quoted directly from pixel magic.

5. Lesfetes

Lesfetes New Member

same here; having a party this evening and as my speakers outside are no Roon endpoint; I had to reintroduce my old Bluenode to get AirPlay2 music in my kitchen, living room and outside. How silly is connecting an old streamer to a new streamer to have music in multiple areas at the same time via AirPlay2 … at least I have fancy VU meters

enisio and Riley like this.
  6. enisio

enisio New Member

I'm fed up of the Airplay issues.

@mirror Any news on if/when we will get Airplay2?

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

You're all of the "we want it all and we want it now" generation, aren't you...? WE WILL HAVE AirPlay 2 soon. Let the devs figure the thing out.
    There are a lot of things that still render the unit "not usable" and need higher priority than AirPlay 2 for those 10 of you wanting the same music playing all over the place.
    <rant>
    Just a side note: if you use AirPlay 2 to play wirelessly over the house / patio / backyard / etc. the quality of the music you are hearing is the same of that of a BT speaker. Get a Sonos system and enjoy... let the quality music to whom understands it.
    </rant>

8. enisio

enisio New Member

Well .. i'm a bit older than GenZ :)

But Airplay functionality itself is not working correctly. So, not only about Airplay2.

Streaming using BT means connecting my amp using analog out, while I only have usb out on the DMP-A6 to my amp.
    And I clearly do not want to use analog out and usb out to my amp.

For critical listening I use the eversolo app. But, with company at home using Airplay(2) is much much easier.

So, still waiting for something already promised on sale of the DMP-A6.

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

So you are basically using the A6 as a streamer/endpoint, its internal DAC overridden? For this scenatio I would recommend you spend another 60 bucks and get yourself a WIIM mini.

While waiting for the devs to fix the AirPlay thing, I mean.

10. enisio

enisio New Member

Yeah using it as a streamer.

I already have a bluesound node. But am already addicted to the VU meter :)

Nutul likes this.
  11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Hahaha, with a party in the house I think I'll not watch the VUs... they're cool though, yes.

12. Riley

Riley Member

At least airplay is capable of broadcasting the music at 16 bit/44.1 khz cd quality vs mp3 codec quality of most bluetooth specs. The vast majority of the music available for us to stream at is no more than cd quality, so for casual listening, it's more than sufficient.