IR Extender for UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Jarrod, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Jarrod

Jarrod Member

Just ordered a UHD3000. What is the correct type of IR extender to get that will work with the IR port? I need to stow the uhd 3000 where it may not have a line of sight

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I've used a Harmony Elite since I got my Z1000 Pro over 2 years ago - they no longer manufacture either the Hub or Remote now, but you might be able to get an idea by googling. I would have thought most IR extenders would work - take a look on Amazon, you can always return if it doesn't work.

3. Jarrod

Jarrod Member

Thanks - much appreciated. I actually have a harmony hub somewhere that I completely forgot about!

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be without our Harmony hub/remote - so good! Bet I could sell them for much more than I paid, they're that good. God knows why they stopped making them

5. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Why not use the Bluetooth mode? I can turn on my UHD3000 from the front door and the unit is at the back of the house. It’s a very large house!

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Logitech have a history of buying cool companies making cool kit and then ditching them when they become ubiquitous.

Idiots.

7. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...00027919559030!sea&curPageLogUid=vZZiJTila5rB

these IR extenders work well
    Installed one for mum so she could change the channels on the satelitte reciever off in the lounge ,while in bed
    ie reciever module in her bedroom run thru to main device which then extended to the transmitter (s) for the different devices shed control

she used it for 5 years with no issues cept the transmitters falling off occassionlly from cheap glue :p

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i use these sort of controllers now
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...00029872910643!sea&curPageLogUid=7zSqLHy2QM40

or https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...00024757885135!sea&curPageLogUid=WcAaZ4kfwhDf

to turn tvs or my various zidoo devices on/off around the house via Echo/Alexa (RM minis are better i think)

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Not sure I'd ever trust Alexa with my kit, particularly with the "Activities" I've set up with Harmony - just too flaky for me.

But hoping @Jarrod has his all sorted now :) My Harmony remote is quite superb once in the Activity. The main buttons and arrows though are relatively small compared with Sky's Remote ones and now that we have all this "Start at the Beginning", pop-ups and banners, I find it quite easy to enter iPlayer by pressing the OK button, rather than the back or return one. I complained to Sky about these pop-ups and banners - they blame the programme channels themselves, which is utter nonesense as even some Sky channels have them. That said I'm ditching Sky in Feb next year when my contract runs out. Sorry to digress but just saying.

I do use a std Bluetooth/IR mouse on my arm chair however when using fiddly apps installed in the Zidoo, such as UAPP. I find the Zidoo Remote (v8) far too clunky, heavy and not well laid out tbh and it eats batteries! Yes, I have the back light turned off before someone mentions this. So overall, I'm finding my current setup with my Z1000 Pro very good indeed - oh and with Harmony, there's an App, you can install and Sync on your phones and tablets so family don't pinch the actual remote :)

10. Jarrod

Jarrod Member

I just ended up using Bluetooth now on to the other issues!

rozel likes this.
  11. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member