Internet Radio(Beta) - Display Additional Data

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Steve Hannon, Oct 31, 2023.

1. Steve Hannon

Steve Hannon New Member

The Internet Radio feature in the latest firmware release is great. Especially the ability to add custom stations. What I see displayed on the screen is Station Name, Source, Sampling Rate, #Channels, Bits, Audio Format. For example: Naim Jazz, WEB, 44.1 kHz, 2 ch, 16 bit, PCM. Please consider adding Digital Format (MP3, AAC, FLAC, etc.) and Bit Rate (e.g. 320 kb/s). Also, if available in the stream, display the Track Title and Track Artist. Thank you.

Miki222, Faze, Peter Wallop and 2 others like this.
  2. mr_phillip

mr_phillip Member

I’d love to see track title and track artist added, as well as the track’s cover art where these are available. Format and bitrate would be nice to have as well, but personally I’d prioritise track info over technical data.

Faze, Peter Wallop and Dusty like this.
  3. Dusty

Dusty Member

Metadata would be amazing to have.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I have no idea how this standard works and how many stations do add metadata?
    But would be nice for sure. ;)

The current Beta is fairly good at finding local stations automatically. :)

Miki222 likes this.
  5. mr_phillip

mr_phillip Member

I don't know how many stations include this data, but quite a few of my regular listens carry it, although certainly not all. I'm currently playing KEXP (The Morning Show with John Richards) via Triode on my iPhone and it's showing full metadata with album art. Triode also sometimes shows a 'track history' list (which only appears for some stations, so must be another metadata thing). That'd be another 'nice-to-have' on the A6.

Attached Files:

6. João Laranjo

João Laranjo New Member

But KEXP its ONLY for US, right?

7. mr_phillip

mr_phillip Member

It’s a US station but it’s available globally. I live in Scotland.

8. João Laranjo

João Laranjo New Member

Other android APP that show the music name, album name, clock, image album, radio station. Know a APP with this ?

9. nonosch

nonosch New Member

Hello,

someone knows how to add icon on custom radio ?
    the settings ask for an url.
    could be easier to ask for a local storage address :confused:

bond69 likes this.
  10. yodah

yodah New Member

having done the latest update the internet radio feature appeared and listed loads of radio stations yesterday but today they have all disappeared and I don't know how to get them back. What is going on?

11. Bieniek

Bieniek New Member

I have the same problem. Internet Radio (beta) do not search any stations. no local stations, no country, any. I only have stations that I have previously added to favorites.
    A few days ago everything worked.

12. João Laranjo

João Laranjo New Member

Rádios Portugal, you can choose your country. The best. With covers

13. yodah

yodah New Member

I had a similar problem which resulted in the Internet Radio beta going from showing a huge selection of stations to nothing at all. I played with it for a while and got nowhere, so I went for the nuclear option of a factory reset which lead to about an hour of setting up - Wifi connection, NAS drive, internal HDD and amazon/spotify apps- but still no internet radio stations! So I thought I would try another internet radio app. Having previously tried and failed to get the APK for Global Player and Classic FM to run on the Eversolo I decided to download the APK Pure App (APK file available on the APK Pure site) and loaded this onto a USB stick and installed it on the Eversolo. Using the APK Pure app on the Eversolo I could then search for loads of APKs and install. I tried the Global player app again to no avail but I struck gold with Internet radio fm which seems like a good one as it has stations from all over the world . I reduced the search parameters to the UK and have now access to the entire spectrum of the UK DAB market. The app initially defaults to Canadian stations. Having achieved success I went on to update all of the other embedded apps to make sure I was running the latest versions via the APK pure app. For sone inexplicable reason the internet radio app which came packaged with the latest Eversolo firmware update spontaneously started working again! There is no logic to this but dogged persistence won over in the end and I share the experience with you all to perhaps save you some time and frustration.

14. Inti

Inti Active Member

Hi I got the same problem hopefully zidoo can fix it as soon as possible please I use it a lot hopefully this will be read by the admin

15. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Same issue here. Only my favorites are visible.

Everything else just gives me a ‘Reload’ button.

Inti likes this.
  16. gmon

gmon Member

Please fix the Internet Radio soon...
    Don't want to take the 'nuclear' option that yodah bravely took!

Inti likes this.
  17. gmon

gmon Member

ok, yodah,
    i've installed apkpure.
    please tell us which internet app that you got...

18. Bergholdt

@yodah see above… I too can’t seem to find an app called ‘internet radio fm’ on apk pure.

19. hjf

hjf New Member

I'm using Audials Play . You can enter your own stations and edit to sort them by genre . Covers and titles are shown if transmitted
    by the radio-stations . If you're signed in , You can do this on your PC .Then they are automaticly imported in Android app.

Attached Files:

20. Bergholdt

Yes, Audials Play… I noticed that it was added under ‘apps’ in one of the last updates but did not try it out yet.

I’ll give that a try… thx.