Resolved Internal DISK

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Jose Almeida, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Jose Almeida

Jose Almeida New Member

Hi,
    How can I use the internal disk???
    I have inserted a Sata disk but it does not apear.
    Also the same happens with the micro sd card.
    I insert it but no message appears as it's normal in android systems asking to use it as storage
    Also is there a manual for the X10?
    Thanks,

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

did you format the HDD before ? GPT preferable

3. VICENTE GONZALEZ

VICENTE GONZALEZ New Member

I bought a hdd model WD / 8tb and i formated it in gpt mode, Zidoo canĀ“t read it. What can i do to use it?

4. Jose Almeida

Jose Almeida New Member

I have formatted with exFat and it can read it and recognise it. But the problem is with the internal storage.
    When I try to format either the disk or the SD card it stops on 20% and then it stops
    This is stupid because all android system even if the card is not in a reconizable format are able to send a message asking if we wan to format it as removable storage or internal storage.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

For both problems look under X9S as both topics are discussed there in details.

The SD-format problem has been fixed with FW 1.4.4 apply that one first. Verified myself. For Internal Storage formatting the card must be un-formatted prior to insertion.

Any HDD except 4Kn types should work internal. All should work external.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    HaoSs likes this.
  6. Jose Almeida

Jose Almeida New Member

7. ma_ko

ma_ko New Member

And what to do to record backup media from programs installed on the internal hard drive? Unfortunately this is a known problem with phones on Adroid 6, but as I see it not noticed by the "developers" Zidoo ... Unfortunately I can not do that, I tried SDFIX etc .. but nothing is giving it, still can not do backup Kodi ... on the hard drive...

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

get write permission with xposed and SDcard module ?, i think there is a guide on 4pda forum,

9. cool

cool New Member

HI,

I am new here.

I am looking to buy a X10. And I would like to install an hard drive of 8 To inside.
    Witch model do you suggest to have less trouble ?

And do you have a procedure to format it and prepare it before the install inside ?

Thanks for your help.

10. Nice Monkey

Any model (except 4Kn) will do where speed is not relevant but power consumed and noise are (less is better)
    Format it in Windows PC (E)SATA attached with GPT and NTFS for an Internal HDD. Using Seagate Ironwolf 8 TB myself.

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

man, and i was thinking a 3TB ironwolf is expensive :)) 8 TB one is more than the box

Monkey, how's the noise of the ironwolf ?

12. Nice Monkey

In fact it is relative silent for a Seagate as it is helium filled and has anti-vibration features for NAS . Very strange side effect is that it keeps spinning very long after being ejected. Good choice for media players, better than Seagate Archive in my view. The only factor to take into account is that it has a high power-up peak (above 20 W) but running it is just about 6 to 7 W. As Zidoo ships PSU's rated at 12V 3A no problem whatsoever. Should allow hot swapping this HDD too.

Indeed would like prices to come down quicker, in fact they went up by 20% since I got it last year. :mad:

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  13. cool

cool New Member

Ok thanks, but what is 4Kn ? Sorry ...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

The spin thing after eject is probably related to sleep time ?

15. Nice Monkey

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  16. Nice Monkey

To be honest I have no idea how this is caused? Just know it happens with specifically this drive only.

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

if you shut down the box does it spin down ? I know some external HDD that still spin after eject ( till they hit the sleep timer ) as long as they have power

18. Nice Monkey

No this one keeps spinning even when taken out of the docking for a very long time. Can still feel it spinning having it in my hand. It is designed for NAS so not many will experience this in practice.

I use Docking Stations with Quick Loading handles for all HDD. Another reason to get a X10, boxes must support hot swaps with me.:)

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  19. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Ok, I just bought a X10 and a 4TB HDD. I formated the disk in Win8, connected as internal SATA disk, NTFS with GPT. I can see the disk in the X10, as USB mounted in file explorer or SD card in ES file explorer. Should it be seen some other way, as an internal disk maybe? As I can not write to it otherwise, due do Android limitations on writing on external cards. For example Transmission can not write to the disk in this way. Is there a how to, as I find the information on using the internal disk very, very bad.

I already updated to FW 1.4.4. I understand there use to be a setting in the previous firmware to format a disk as internal? Is it there no more?

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Nop. Android sees it at usb also for me. But works just fine. I was able to write on it within zdmc. (Export library) . As for transmission. It's has different mount than android ,should not have problems writing on HDD.