Info display on Z8

Discussion in 'Eversolo DAC-Z6 / DAC-Z8' started by Corrigap, Apr 28, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Corrigap

Corrigap New Member

Bought a Z8 last week and am really impressed with it, great job!

Would it be possible in a future f/w update to include the bit depth on the 'Only audio info' screen?

I have quite a few music tracks that are 24 bit even though they're only 44.1 k sampling rate and
    it would be very helpful to see which ones are which there.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
    Ditton33 likes this.
  2. Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon Member

Do Zidoo read these forums because there are a lot of good suggestions in various posts but it is hard to tell if they are getting through to Zidoo or not?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes

Korvenwin likes this.
  4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003
    I see you are a contributor and a beta-tester... I suppose of the software.
    Question is: can I be a contributor too? I am 30+ years C / C++ embedded developer, among other software fields...
    Just asking, though, as I would be amazed to be part of the picture.

Thanks, and enjoy your glass of 16yo single malt as I always do.

5. Markswift2003

Can you move to Shenzhen? :D

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Hahahaha.
    Sorry, I thought it was possible to contribute also remotely. Thanks anyway, and have a great day.

Cheers, Al.

7. Markswift2003

No, the devs all work from Shenzhen, but hell, we're all contributors - it's kind of how it works :)

8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Ok, then, from my side I have these suggestions (maybe some of them have also been suggested somewhere else)

1. have also the BIT DEPTH (not only the SAMPLE RATE) in the audio information
    2. if possible, add an option in the DAC FILTERS for NOS (Non-OverSampling) mode
    3. if possible, remember the VOLUME LEVEL for EACH input, not only RCA/XLR and HEADPHONES
    4. add a spectrum analyzer as a further VU-meter visualization
    5. add a parametric / graphic equalizer (possibly different for every INPUT)
    6. have an option, for the VU-meters, to display the level of the INPUT or the OUTPUT (aka, BEFORE or AFTER the volume)

Maybe some other things may come to mind... for now this is :)
    Thank you for the kind consideration, and keep up with the good work!

Cheers, Al.

Glerup71 and rozel like this.
  9. Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon Member

I think 1-6 are all interesting ideas but potentially a lot of work for Zidoo to action. Personally I would LOVE to see some filters that impact the sound signature more than the in-built ESS ones do - for example like the filters offered by SMSL in their VMV D1se like tube sound signature for example. This does raise an interesting question - is Zidoo somehow connected to the other Shenzen based companies like SMSL and Topping and Gustard?

10. Ditton33

Ditton33 New Member

I also think it would be useful to see bit depth.

11. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

My dac does not have the same font as the one on the advertisements, which I think looks nicer, could it be a possibility that it could be made

I also think it would be cool if the screen image "audio info only" was on a completely black background, so it was easier to read :)