Incorrect orientation and aspect ratio in mp4(HEVC only)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by marickgogo, Sep 19, 2023.

1. marickgogo

marickgogo New Member

Hello guys,

I have an issue for playback mp4 file with x9z pro.(Including MOV container)
    If the mp4 file contain H.264 video are working perfect! I can watch the landscape file is displayed full in HD/4K screen, and portrait file is displayed keep the portrait orientation in the center of the screen(with black space appear left and right side of the portrait video)

But!
    The mp4 container includes HEVC video created from iPhone, the output is not correctly.
    Some files display portrait orientation and aspect ratio but video is including landscape view.(16:9-correct file format,9:16-displayed with 270 degree rotated)
    Strangely, the mp4 container including H.264 as working perfect, this issue occur only H.265(HEVC)video format.

I have Z9S, and I already found this issue with the product then I expect fixed this issue with new product Z9X pro which changed main chip to RTD1619 newest processor.
    But the result shows above.

Please fix this issue Mr.Zidoo!
    I am waiting fixing this problem in some years!
    I think zidoo player is the best network video player in the world, when the issue removed.

best regards,

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This is a well known historic problem with iPhone video. Not really a Zidoo issue.

Have you tried remuxing to MKV with MKVToolnix?

3. marickgogo

marickgogo New Member

Thank you for quick responding.

>Not really a Zidoo issue.
    I don't think so.

First MP4 format was standardized by ISO in 2003.
    I don't know the newest mp4/MOV container standard but I know some new
    feature BOX(Somebody say atom) is including in latest specification.
    One of the hint of orientation issue as "THE TRANSFORMATION MATRIX(displaymatrix)" is
    used in recentry mp4/mov container not rotation information in metadata.
    Perherps, ZIDOO is not support tranformation matrix even in newest firmware.
    I hope ZIDOO support "THE TRANSFORMATION MATRIX" in mvhd BOX,
    After that, Anybody can watch portrait/landscape with corretly
    orientation make us happy.

Please support newest mp4/MOV contatiner format Mr.Zidoo!
    I <was> waiting fixing this issue in some years!

sincerely,