HT4.0 and problems with NFO and directories

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Ron L, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Ron L

Ron L New Member

Hi
    I'm trying to get my library recognized in HT4.0 and running into two problems:

1. HT4.0 doesnt seem to recognize the NFO files that are in the directories with the movies, and the recognizes the movie incorrectly. For example I have The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug, and the directory name is "The Desolation of Smaug" and in the directory is two files like DOS Disk1.ISO, DOS DISK2.ISO and the DOS DISK2.NFO. And HT4.0 recognizes these two ISO files as two different movies even with the NFO file being totally correct. And I have similar problems with many other movies where there is just a single file + the NFO file and HT4.0 still doesnt recognize them. In HT4.0 I have NFO set as priority over scraping. What am I missing?

2. How do I setup directory structure for HT4.0 to correctly recognize multi movie sets and extras? For example with the hobbit I have a directory like "Hobbit Trilogy" and within there is the "The Desolation of Smaug" directory. But HT4 does not see these movies as related. Another example, I have Das Boot which has an "Extras" subdirectory with some additional clips about how it was made, etc, and HT4.0 recognizes these as completely independent movies. Emby and Plex work fine with this directory structure and understand the relationship to the main movie. Is there any way to make HT4.0 understand such cases correctly?

Thanks for your advice!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Assuming the NFOs are compliant with the Zidoo (Kodi NFO) then you need to get the names correct.

Have a look at the Home Theatre Naming PDF at the bottom of this post:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...er-useful-stuff-for-rtd-1619dr-players.82695/

3. Ron L

Ron L New Member

Mark, thanks for the fast reply.
    I reviewed the document and it helps clarify many points.
    It is still counter-intuitive that if NFO is set as priority then it tries to recognize the movie according to the file name instead of the info in the NFO first of all.
    Do I understand correctly that it ignores the directory name? (So having "Desolation of Smaug" as the directory name and files "Disc1.iso" and "Disk2.iso" in the directory isnt supported?

In terms of recognizing extras, it means I need to setup HT4 to ignore a word like "EXTRAS" and then manually add that to the file names of the relevant video files (and it will not ignore the directory called "extras"), correct? In this case it means these "extras" will simply not be seen/accessible inside HT4 (along with any movies that might have this word in their filename also), correct?

thanks again for your help!

4. Markswift2003

File names are used in all circumstances except with BDMV structures, in which case the directory name is used.

I would probably use ABC boxes to add extras.

5. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I’ve found in the case of MKV files in their own directory,
    If the directory is misnamed but the file is named correctly then HT is likely to bomb.
    If the directory name is correctly named but the file is correct regarding the name of the film is correct but followed by spurious information like the torrents source etc, HT will correctly get the movie information.

6. Markswift2003

Exactly what I do - it's all pretty self explanatory - keep your naming withing the convention and it all generally works swimmingly, if you don't, it all tends to go pear shaped...