HT dont load the cover of old back up ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Ozzyoz, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Hello ,
    is there a setting to improve the search for HT covers?
    HT finds the film, loads the comments but does not display the cover, I have to find the cover with the command "change cover"

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This is one of the many big flaws in the way the HT4 database is handled.

With the exception of ClearLOGOs which come from fanart.tv, the backup contains links to all artwork (coverart, fanart, cast art etc) on TMDB but TMDB will often change artwork URLs which then makes backups useless.

So for example, an old backup of mine contains /zX4fKmDXKGt4hlzhAJirdlRKFgO.jpg for the poster for "The Town" but if you try to use this on TMDB, you get this:

https://www.themoviedb.org/t/p/original/zX4fKmDXKGt4hlzhAJirdlRKFgO.jpg (file not found)

A later backup has /3NIzyXkfylsjflRKSz8Fts3lXzm.jpg which is a valid URL:

https://www.themoviedb.org/t/p/original/3NIzyXkfylsjflRKSz8Fts3lXzm.jpg

I've been trying to get Zidoo to have an option to include local copies of artwork in backups but to no avail.

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I go through the same problem. Pain on the butt if you have more than handful of movies. Artwork from collection page is gone and most of the movies from within collection need to get posters and artwork picked again :(

Obviously Zidoo team has only 10 movies in their collection to test Home Theater app with :(

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I always export artwork (HT4/Settings/Library/Export) so I can rescan from local assets from scratch if needs be and maintain the same artwork each time.

Collections are a nuisance since "Export" doesn't export Collection covers, so I always manually save a movieName Collection-poster.jpg and a movieName Collection-fanart.jpg in folders of movies in collections which get picked up in a rescan.

You also find that trailer URLs have a propensity to wander so you need a full rescan every now and again to maintain those - again, the answer is to use local trailers (movieName.trailer.ext).

Also cast and crew URLs change over time but that's arguably less important.

Unfortunately there's a big reliance on unreliable online assets and no incremental way of maintaining valid HT4 data.