How to use VS10 for HDR10 & DV but let HDR10+ passthrough?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DTSman, Oct 14, 2022.

1. DTSman

DTSman New Member

Hello,

I am using a Zidoo Z9X with an HDR10/HDR10+ projector compliant (Epson LS12000).

My idea is to process VS10 for static HDR10 and DV content only. And do not process HDR10+ by the Zidoo to let the projector do the job.

However, the Zidoo settings do not allow to use VS10 for HDR10 and DV contents on one hand, and let HDR10+ passthrough on the other hand.

Could you confirm?

Thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's correct, HDR10 and HDR10+ are treated the same by VS10.

3. DTSman

DTSman New Member

Can I hope for a new setting to manage distinct usage for HDR10 and HDR10+ in a future firmware?

For instance "Use VS10 engine for:"
    with 4 checkoboxes:
    - SDR
    - HDR10
    - HDR10+
    - Dolby Vision

in order to allow all combinaisons?

:)

4. Markswift2003

Doubtful since VS10 belongs to Dolby and HDR10+ Technologies is the enemy!

5. DTSman

DTSman New Member

Okay :)

Maybe an alternative solution using en specific EDID combined with VS10 enable for HDR content?

For instance, today with a specific Edid (found on this forum) I can use LLDV for DV content and passthru for HDR10+. But I thing if I enable VS10 for HDR content, HDR10+ content will be converted into DV using VS10 engine and HDR10+ metadata will be ignored.

6. Markswift2003

The only thing an EDID can do with HDR10+ is tell the source whether it's supported or not - it's literally a binary switch, nothing else.

That EDID you used just had HDR10+ enabled and LLDV enabled, but it can't tell the source what to do with them, it just tells the source that the display supports them.

7. DTSman

DTSman New Member

Yes I agree