How to use local nfo file and local artwork

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by badboyxx, Apr 12, 2023.

1. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Hello guys,

Until now, I had always manually scraped my movies via HT4 and, if necessary, edited them via the web interface.
    Since I don't feel like going through the same painstaking process again when I change hardware, I purchased tmm.
    So far, I have first created the nfo-file and artwork for a part of my movie collection. The particular movie folder now looks like this:
    .actors
    movietitle.mkv
    movietitle.nfo
    movietitle-clearlogo.png
    movietitle-discart.png
    movietitle-fanart.jpg
    movietitle-poster.jpg

The images of the actors, director etc. are in the folder ".actors".

I have downloaded the matching trailer as well.
    movietitle-trailer.mp4
    All files are in the same folder as the movie.

- How do I now proceed so that the movies are re-imported with my metadata and artwork specified in the appropriate movie folder? Do I have to delete the database and re-import again?
    - What if I have only created a part of my collection in tmm so far? Should I rather re-import only after I have scraped the data and images for all films in tmm?
    - What do I have to consider for multi-part films?

In the settings I have already set that local images, local trailers and the nfo-file should be used preferred. But the result in HT4 shows me that everything is still pulled from the internet and not local. I would like not to depend on the internet in the future.
    What am I doing wrong?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I don't think you're doing anything wrong it's just that HT can't see anything changing as far as the movie is concerned so therefore sees no need to rescrape and unfortunately there is no "forced rescrape" option which would be very useful.

My suggestion is to get everything correct with all films and then clear the database and scrape from scratch.

I would also make a backup just in case TMM has buggered anything up (it shouldn't but I'd always be cautious).

What do you mean for multipart films? Like LOTR or different versions? Can you give an example?

3. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Hello Markswift2003,

Yes e. g. LOTR (LOTR.disc1.iso and LOTR.disc2.iso) or TV shows (tvshow.s01e01.mkv, tvshow.s01e02.mkv, tvshow.s01e03.mkv...).
    Should I put each disc or part in an own folder or all in one?

4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003 Do you think there is any chance of a “forced rescrape” ever be implemented? I have a few items I would like to fix but I’m loathe to “clear the database” as apart from 4 titles everything is fine.

5. Markswift2003

The files for each part can go in the same folder, although I would separate TV series into separate Season folders.

6. Markswift2003

I've asked a few times...

vddan and Netmask like this.
  7. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

New firmware released for Z9X. You can find it here
    Now it is possible to refresh metadata within poster wall.

8. Hi, you know I have a question. I have my movies the vast majority with the correct name. But I have some that the name is not correct and when trying to change the name through the zidoo website an error appears. Then I change the name in the NFO file but when I press the button of the new function “Refresh metadata” the change of the name does not work. What can be ?

9. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

I prepared my meta data and artwork with TMM. As I started HT4, I recognized that it displayed the new prepared artwork. I didn't really test nfo files. The online and offline meta data in my case was from the same source.
    So there couldn't change anything.

With this firmware it was added separate NFO scanning settings.

Markswift2003 wrote me following:
    It's added to the options for scanning on the Sources page. The main setting in preferences will set all sources the same and then you can set NFO priority per source when you scan if you want to.

Maybe that's it what you searching for.

10. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

How do I have to prepare the artwork for multi part files? The movie is listed in TMM once with two disc filesand the artwork is fetched.
    movie_CD1.iso
    movie_CD2.iso
    movie-poster.jpg

The poster is not displayed in HT although the option "prefer local poster" is activated in the settings. What am I doing wrong?

When I want to select a new poster in HT, movie-poster.jpg is not suggested to me, although I have activated the option "prefer local poster" in the settings. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
  11. Markswift2003

There are several ways to denote multipart movies. Attached PDF has details.

Each part has different artwork, so filename must follow the name of each part, so in your example you need:

movie_CD1-poster.jpg
    movie_CD2-poster.jpg

movie_CD1-fanart.jpg
    move_CD2-fanart.jpg

Attached Files:

12. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Is it possible to show different covers for one movie with two different formats?

13. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

Yeah I also wonder this. I have a movie that has a separate little short film prologue that you could choose to play before the movie if you wanted. Using the right filenames and suffixes, I’ve been able to get both the prologue and main film to show up on the info page which is really convenient and straight forward.

The only issue is that when you play this prologue, it still shows the title of the main film and the fanart is also of the main film only. It would be great if you could have separate fanart depending on which is one is selected but maybe that’s too complicated for the info page.

14. Markswift2003

I'm away on holiday at the moment so can't test this, but I'm pretty sure this works:

Blade Runner.(1#Theatrical Version).mkv
    Blade Runner.(2#Special Edition).mkv

Blade Runner.(1#Theatrical Version)-poster.jpg
    Blade Runner.(2#Special Edition)-poster

Blade Runner.(1#Theatrical Version)-fanart.jpg
    Blade Runner.(2#Special Edition)-fanart.jpg

(Naming convention in the PDF I attached in the post above)

15. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

It does not work. I shows me for each format the same cover. It seems like that it takes the cover from 2#.

16. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Maybe it requires the NFO file to reflect these file names?

17. Markswift2003

I'm sure I've done it with file names, but as I say I'm unable to test for a couple of weeks while I'm visiting Mickey in Florida :cool:

18. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

Yeah it’s really weird because it uses the default poster and fanart for #2 in my case. No matter which part you have selected, the media info changes but the fanart and poster remain the same. However, if you press and hold OK on the poster and go to change image, it recognizes and shows the poster and fanart for #1! Even has the little hard drive icons in the corner of those images instead of the #2. It would be awesome to have it dynamically switch between whichever one you have highlighted but I’m not sure how it would do that currently.

19. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

Here are examples of my experience, and what I just described and am seeing:

IMG_8220.jpeg IMG_8221.jpeg IMG_8222.jpeg IMG_8223.jpeg

Currently not using .nfo files because I have been clearing and re-scanning so often trying to fix things like this before I export new ones and make backups. I can try to use .nfo files if anyone thinks it would help though.

20. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

I'm using nfo-files and there is nothing pointed to the local poster. All of these files are created with TMM.