How to update a poster label in HT4.0?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Stratos_K, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Hey guys,

I had a movie in HT4.0 which was in 1080p resolution so the poster label was showing the usual HD label. But now I changed the movie in the folder for its 4K variant but the poster label still shows HD. Is there a way to change that to show 4K? I tried rematching but the poster label remains the same HD one and the file info inside the poster still shows 1080 resolution. How can we update this info as it seems that HT4.0 is not reading the updated file.

Thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Have you tried adding a 4K suffix - eg. MovieName.4K.mkv?

3. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Thanks! It seems this was the only way to make it work. From what I understood HT4 is reading the file properties and adds them to the file name. Because when i switched back to the original name without the .4K it showed again as 1080p resolution. Adding the 4K suffix seems to be a hack to make it work but isn't there a way to make HT4 reread the file properties again?

4. Markswift2003

I assume you haven't changed the filename, so HT assumes nothing has changed so doesn't rescan the properties - as far as the database is concerned, it's still the same movie as before.

You could either change the name or have you tried "Clear Match Info"?

5. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Yes exactly this is my point. There should be a way to be able to rescan the properties of the same filename. When I added the .4K suffix it worked but by changing back to the original name it showed the old information again. It's a bit silly to be honest to have to change the name for HT4 to reread the file properties. There should be an option for updating the file properties for the same name.

And no...clear match info is not working if using the same filename. When rematched it gives you again the original file properties.

6. Markswift2003

I completely agree, but hey, it is what it is and it's easy to workaround.

7. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

At least there is a workaround. But someone should inform the Zidoo team about this. I had the same problem since HT2. I have many videos in 1080p resolution and when I update them to 4K I have to change the name or add a suffix to show the new 4K label. There should be an option to rescan file properties or something.

8. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Totally agree with that. :)

9. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

dido

10. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

I mean I had the film in 1080p resolution and then changed the file for its 4K version. But HT is not updating the file info, it keeps the original from the 1st scan. And yes, its real resolution was 4K...I know you can fool HT by adding the suffix you want but this is not a clear cut solution. To me its more like a hack. There should be an option for HT to rescan the file properties and update the info anytime you want. As it is right now it keeps only the original file info unless you add a suffix manually.

11. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

If you read my comments above I already said that clear match info does not work. It still gives you the original file info and not the updated one even if the file is different. As long as it uses the same name HT will always use the info it scanned the first time. Right now there is no way to change that info for an already scanned file other than using a suffix in the filename.

Mabon likes this.
  12. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I've had this issue with my tool and I've analyzed what HT is doing. The first time you start a video file with HT the video player passes back the mediainfo to HT and HT stores the info into the database. The mediainfo of this video file will not be rescanned again.

Mabon likes this.
  13. McBluna

What's best working for me is, tinyMediaManager is able to store the mediainfo as xml and my tool uses this info to create the mediainfo entry in the HT database.
    [​IMG]
    So all video related batches are set even without starting the video first.

Mabon likes this.
  14. McBluna

The mediainfo stored by HT don't include 3D and sound format. HT gets this info only from the filename. The rest is transferred with my tool based of the mediainfo.xml created with tinyMediaManager.

Mabon likes this.
  15. McBluna

May be you should wait a little bit with the renaming and I'll enhance my tool. I'm thinking of implementing a HT exporter what covers all the info from the database including the images to import everything into tinyMediaManager. The HT build in exporter doesn't cover all infos. I think it's easier to let tinyMediaManager do the renaming.

Mabon and Markswift2003 like this.
  16. McBluna

You are right, for HT it's a new video file so you've to start it to get the badges.

Mabon likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

That would be superb!

Mabon likes this.
  18. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

I cannot understand this... Is it so hard to implement a "rescan file info" option for each poster???

We have reached HT4 and this was a problem for me since the early days of HT2 and the problem remains exactly the same today.