How to show folder picture on media center?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by nutsaint, Jun 5, 2022.

1. nutsaint

nutsaint New Member

I named a folder picture as folder.jpg as same as on Microsoft windows but it did not show the folder picture on Zidoo z9x's media center.

Could anyone tell me how to show the folder picture on media center?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

3. nutsaint

nutsaint New Member

Thank you.

But after folder scanning I found it show picture of each files (4 small pictures instead of one picture represent the thumbnail folder) on music player folder and no picture folder show on media center. Is there any setting I do it wrong?

4. Nice Monkey

The player has a preference for an embedded album art. So if that is present it will show that and not folder.jpg!
    If the embedded is too big for for Media Center nothing will be shown.

You can mail me the example and will have a look at it.

5. nutsaint

nutsaint New Member

I ripped CD into multiple .wav file and put the album into each folder. Could you tell me how to set the embedded album art?

6. Nice Monkey

Many (free) programs will tag tracks for you after compression with FLAC (=lossless). Most programs doing CD ripping will do all this in one go.

7. Nice Monkey

Just found also cover.jpg is showing as album art now. No idea since when exactly.

gymnos likes this.
  8. nutsaint

nutsaint New Member

I have tried to copy the folder.jpg and paste into cover.jpg and also tried another way as rename the folder.jpg to cover.jpg.
    It still did not show the folder thumbnail on media center and music player after scanning.

I appreciate your advise. Thank you anyway.

9. Nice Monkey

If you forward me the folder I will try to reproduce for you. Just PM me.
    You are using the latest FW 6.4.06 for sure?
    Some programs seem to write MP3 ID3 tags to FLAC/WAV files which is not standard and may not work correctly with all players.

Found once more an album with a folder.jpg not showing the picture. Using W10 Mp3Tag APP it did not show an embedded picture but after adding the available folder.jpg using that program it immediately was shown. So nothing wrong with that file itself.

Hey they did not even mention it back to me. Just waited for me to find out? :rolleyes:
    They actually implemented this one as suggested:

Next to Folder.jpg also Cover.jpg, Front.jpg and artist.album.jpg (=matching the folder name) is used automatically.
    These are the 4 most common formats widely used.

Be aware that once found an image it is being cached. It is only reset doing a "Clear data" under "Database".
    So changing any of these won't change the image displayed anymore. Be also aware it does this per track. So playing with this some tracks won't show anything if all images are removed from the folder but those having been played just once with a valid image will still show up. In fact these may all be different if played one by one with a changing image per track.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  10. nutsaint

nutsaint New Member

Thank you. I'll try them all.

11. Nice Monkey

Always good to have somebody crosschecking. Thanks' for that.
    Please validate the priority order then too This is not that easy as you need to clean the database each time.