how to root Zidoo Z9s

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by MarcinZm, Dec 30, 2019.

1. MarcinZm

MarcinZm Member

Hello,

I have written my own app to power off Zidoo Z9S from computer.
    I have coded it for my own use.

To make it work I need Zidoo Z9s to be rooted.

How can I root Zidoo Z9S? Is there any official solution for it?
    I saw that there is only support for X9S.

Can you help me how to root Z9S without any issues?
    Regards
    Marcin

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Have you got around the issue of the NIC going down on powerOff?

3. MarcinZm

MarcinZm Member

I don`t know what exactly you mean.

My own Android app works perfectly. I can power off my Zidoo Z9S from my own C# application, but I can also do it via url.
    I use it in the following way:
    1) I am rendering my edited video from video cameras in Vegas Pro 17 software.
    2) My C# app is listenining to the video file which is just rendering
    3) When the rendering is finished, I can convert the rendered video, extract audio/video from it, split it to the parts, replace the audio track in the rendered video without reencoding in my C# application
    4) When 3) is finished, I can upload these files/file into YouTube
    5) When 4) is finished, I can upload these files into Zidoo Z9S via Samba drive
    6) When 5) is finished I can power off Zidoo Z9S from my C# application and my own Android application
    7) When 5) and 6) is finished, I can email the statistics about just rendering and converting/splitting into parts videos and then power off my computer

Everything works after one click :)
    I don`t have any problems with network interface conncetion.
    The only thing I had to do is root Zidoo Z9S. I got the email from Zidoo service today with root apk for Zidoo Z9S.

4. Markswift2003

It used to be that if "deep sleep" was <on>, on power down or standby, the NIC was powered off too so you have no way of powering by TCP/IP.

I got around it by using RS232 which stays awake... but if "deep sleep" was set <off>, not only did RS232 not work to power on from standby, but also a powerOn via TCP/IP would actually switch the box into full power off, again killing the NIC.

I guess this has been fixed... I might look at IP control again...

5. MarcinZm

MarcinZm Member

Zidoo Z9S shutdown call is not going over TCP/IP as it is for example in Wake On Lan call.
    I use my web domain which pass the traffic between my C# application and my Android app.
    The traffic can be managed by URL.
    My shutdown call is launching by my Android app.
    The code I used in my Android app to shutdown Zidoo Z9S is:

try {
    Process proc = Runtime.getRuntime()
    .exec(new String[]{ "su", "-c", "reboot -p" });
    proc.waitFor();
    } catch (Exception ex) {
    ex.printStackTrace();
    }

After launching this code, shutdown is starting and then Zidoo Z9S LCD display is dark. It doesn`t display current time.
    I don`t know if this is deep sleep/power down/standby/power off in Zidoo Z9S.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  6. Markswift2003

Good call! - it never occurred to me to use <reboot -p> - so yes, I wonder how much of the box is still up - obviously the NIC, otherwise you'd not be able to switch it back on again which is the issue I originally came up against..

From memory, standby kept the display on and also HDMI active, although it produced black video so looked like it was off...