How to Root X10

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by samekoms, Jun 25, 2017.

1. samekoms

samekoms New Member

Need Help please. Completely new with this but unfortunately have to get it resolved if wanting to use X10 with 5TB drive as Media Server.
    Have firmware updated to X10-v1.4.6.
    Tried to root with OnkeyRoot_1.1.4.apk.
    Keep getting Super SU error "SU Binary Occupied"

My aim is to:
    • Root
    • Run Sambadroid
    • Either pay and use KSWEB or free PHP Runner
    • Use ES File Explorer File Manager to copy necessary files for running Kodi 17.3 from media server

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

If you want to make samba share, you only need to turn it on under openwrt ( connect to box ip in a browser )

3. samekoms

samekoms New Member

My understanding is that that is done, or do I have it wrong? The drive is Disk_sda2.
    Problem is the rooting of the X10 with error of "SU Binary Occupied". Is it a case where the X10 cannot be routed then as "OnkeyRoot_1.1.4.apk" does not seem to work on it?

Attached Files:

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

rooted just fine for me, did you install any other root related tools ?

p.s. what exactly are you trying to setup and need root for ?

i don't get the "Run Sambadroid, Either pay and use KSWEB or free PHP Runner" part

5. samekoms

samekoms New Member

Not installed any other rooted tools. Installed very few aps from google play as this is a new setup and environment for me.

My aim is to create a media server on the internally added 5tb drive. All content to be added and watched from that drive only. To create a media server for Kodi, root access is required for installing media server, managing it, and watching from it. This is from some investigation I have done.

So if I was able to install Plex Server on the X10 and use Plex, that would have worked perfectly, but seems that is not possible.

Tried couple of time to root and same issue. Guess I have to reset again, loose everything again and start over?

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

1) root should work, a system wipe or a reflash should fix that
    2) kodi does not need no media server, it's not like plex

for local playback, you just add video source from hdd ( select movie folder, set a movie scrapper), kodi will create a library and play
    for network playback you just add a video source file using network locations ( samba is already set under x10 openwrt OS,no mediaserver, sambadroid or root needed )

7. samekoms

samekoms New Member

Thank you. Will relook at everything, wipe or reflash and post back.

8. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Hi guys,
    i am trying to set up my x10 Kodi 17.6 and the XBMC Wrapper according to a instruction provided by the german Forum on Android-mediaplayer.de. This requires the box to be rooted.

Fromk what i see in this Discussion the OnkeyRoot_1.1.4.apk should work but i wonder that the file in the Support database is dedicated for the X9S & X8 & A5 & A5S only but NOT for the x10. Can somebody confirm if the the OnkeyRoot_1.1.4.apk is the correct file or (if not) wich one to use for the x10?

Thank you very much in advance!

9. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Hi samekoms! Have you been able to get your System running after reflash??

10. TEAfest

TEAfest Member

11. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Hi TEAfest! Thank you for your Feedback!!

Untfortunately this is a russian Forum, therfore i do not understand a single word:confused:

But anyhow, i have also written to the Zidoo Support asking wich root tool to use for the x10. Willl let you know as soon as i get an answer.

Anybody else here having experience with rooting the x10?

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

there is a one key root app , i think on the first firmware post ? i use that

13. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Thank you for your Feedback HaoSs!

There are actually 2 in "How to root your Zidoo Box" Support section. One for the X9S & X8 & A5 & A5S, The other one for the X6 & X1II & X5.

Unfortunately zero for the x10. I have used the 1.1.4 apk for the x9s but i am not sure if this has really worked properly. According to the "How to root your Zidoo Box" instruction there should be a SuperSU app indicating sucessfull root. I do not have this SuperSU app.

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

x10 has the same board as x9s. that root apk will work. ignore the supersu part. box is rooted.

15. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Thank you HaoSs!

For me the 1.1.4.apk seems to work with the x10.

@ the Zidoo folks that hopefully follow this forum: Then i would strongly suggest you update your text in the "how to root" article to include the x10. ..just to avoid more new users getting confused;-)

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i don't have access to zidoo's article's