How to install a 3.0 TB

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Tapatio, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Tapatio

Tapatio New Member

Hi I just get My X9S

I have a 3.0 TB sata WD30EZRX

Will be nice if I can install it on the new box

Can You let me Know How

Yes I use the cable and conect the box to the HD but the box do not see The HD

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  2. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    connect the cable, then open the explorer. press the "left button", like the pictrue.
    upload_2016-9-28_15-25-41.png
    upload_2016-9-28_15-26-7.png

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Be sure to format with GPT + NTFS on a real Windows PC. You may also use EXT4 when using an IOS or Linux platform for HDD loading.

4. Tapatio

Tapatio New Member

Yes I post that + The fact the Box DO NOT SEE the HD

Thx for the time

Thx I need to Partition GTP and Format NTFS You put me to reed about it Thx now i know the diference GTP vs MBR just need to find the way to do the partition in my laptop and try one more time

Thx for the time and the the help

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

A laptop can only be used it it has ESATA. The HDD must be really SATA connected not via USB.

6. Tapatio

Tapatio New Member

Ups thx

I have to find a PC to do it

Thx for the time and help

7. Schwill

Schwill New Member

Exact same problem here. Have the Zidoo X9s and a Green 3.0 TB SATA WD30EZRX. Drive spins fine when connected with the SATA cable but the Zidoo otherwise doesn't acknowledge its existence.

Did the GTP and NTFS formatting work? I'm asking because I don't own a Windows desktop, so now I have to find someone who does in order to re-format. Just want to confirm there will be a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow. :)

8. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Paragon free software...

9. Schwill

Schwill New Member

Thanks for the help in this thread. The GTP and NTFS formatting works like a charm. Went to a friend's place and it took a second to get it sorted.

For the record, all internal Western Digital drives arrive unformatted. Only their external drives are pre-formatted.