X9S HOW TO FLASH ZIDOO X9S UNIT

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by HoneCharles, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Maxim

Maxim New Member

I've solved the issue. For those who facing the same issue:
    1. Connect USB TTL adapter to your box UART port
    2. Connect to COM port provided by your USB TTL adapter with putty or hyper terminal
    3. Start your box, press and hold space button
    4. After a prompt appears insert your pendrive and type "usb refresh" then type "goru"
    After that, a flashing process starts if you have 4 additional files on your pendrive from the solution above in this thread.

2. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

hi, i`m new here
    want to flash my X9S coz my remote did not work at all, first time i got this box, the remote did not work but the remote itself i think have no issue coz the led is blink when i touch any button
    update it local with 1.4.12, still did not work, but somehow when i just used it suddenly the remote work just for 2-3days used
    but now it wont work again, never do a flash to X9S before, but i read somewhere someone have the same problem too but after doing a flashing, the problem solved
    so i want to know which firmware is very stable for me to use
    thanks

edit:
    have flashed it with v.1.4.12 then update local with v.1.4.16 and at last with v.1.5, locally too
    poster wall is bad in scanning, got so many wrong poster especially for tv shows
    back using ZDMC for the library poster, but too bad cannot hide movie that already seen
    and its very uncomfortable for tv shows coz i see a lot of tv shows
    and cannot resume too when use external player

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  3. jamesboy

jamesboy New Member

Hi everybody.
    Just tried to flash my X9S. While everything was going ok, all of the sudden a fatal error message appeared on the TV before the installation completed.
    Now, the box just powers into "boot" and stays like that for hours. Any ideas?

4. jamesboy

jamesboy New Member

Hi Zidoo Tech.
    Could you please release the "install.img" file for version 1.5.0? Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Spont likes this.
  5. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

In the meanwhile, you can flash an old FW version in "emergency recovery" way (somewhere there is a page/post explaining how), then you fan do a manual update to 1.5.0.

6. jamesboy

jamesboy New Member

Hi,

I already tried. It doesn't respond at all.

The box just powers into "boot" and stays like that for hours. If I power it up while pressing the reset button in the back, the display reads "Up".

I followed all the steps mentioned here http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-flash-zidoo-x9s-unit.2959/page-5#post-28733, but it didn't work. I even tried 4 different usb sticks.

I really don't know what else to do. I've contacted Zidoo Service, but no response yet.

7. Spont

Spont New Member

That would be great

8. agmarco

agmarco Member

Can we also use this for a bricked/stucked at UP__, Zidoo X8? Which files do I need to download? Help please! I miss my X8.

9. godalmighty

my device also have nothing problem before i trying too flash it
    just wanna have the experience to flash this box :D
    i also got this box with the broken IR reciever, before that i was think it have some bug so i tried to flash it to fixed it, eventually it just a broken IR reciever :(

but when i flash it i dont bricked my box, i just follow the step by step instruction
    use a 7Gb formated FAT32 flashdisc
    put the stock rom "install-ZIDOO_X9S-v1.4.12-201708181828-USB" image in my flashdisk and plug it in usb port
    push the reset button with needle then plug the power adapter, flash it successfully

after that i update it too locally with v.1.4.16 and at last with v.1.5.0

v.1.4.12 (MD5: 0A906B46340A1BF8FA6A79C3DA199491)
    v.1.4.16 (MD5: 30765E28372AE2A718FC96591D0431EF)
    v.1.5.0 (MD5: D98CE3C592E636E179B7A0F4CAADD547)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  10. jamesboy

jamesboy New Member

Yes, about 10 times, with 4 different usb sticks.

The box just powers into "boot". If I press the reset button in the back while powering it on, the display just reads Up.

I've contacted Zidoo Service several times, but unfortunately haven't heard back yet.

11. godalmighty

have you check the hash key (MD5) i gave it to you
    i dont kbow this gonna help or not, i use the last usb2.0 port in the right side of this device
    or maybe you can also try the usb3.0 port

12. jamesboy

jamesboy New Member

You need the install.img file to flash it.

The MD5 is just the latest firmware. Can't flash it with that.

13. godalmighty

coz it is an android, maybe you still need to change the .zip file with update.zip
    and boot with reset button too

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  14. jamesboy

jamesboy New Member

I'm sorry,

I don't understand what you mean

15. godalmighty

sorry, what i mean is, in other device usually we have to change the filename to "update.zip"
    so the system can recognize it and do the flash thing
    for example, if you download the rom "OTA-ZIDOO_X9S-v2.0.5-201801221520.zip"
    basicly we just paste the file in flashdisk and plug it in to the device and boot or already boot it before
    and do the update with local option
    but since your device is in bootloop status, so maybe you just can do the flash with hold the reset button and switch on the device
    and the rom file in your flashdisk shoul be rename it to update.zip
    give it a try, hope your device get normal again

or maybe you have the wrong install.img file
    i got the v.1.4.12 from here
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-flash-zidoo-x9s-unit.2959/

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  16. failax

failax Member

This process doesn't work downgrading from 2.0.10 unofficial firmware.

17. szefo

szefo Active Member

18. failax

failax Member

19. szefo

szefo Active Member

20. jackywong

jackywong New Member

Thanks for sharing.