How to fix a blank screen on the Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by m0j0, Dec 21, 2022.

1. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

The Z9X in my theater room recently stopped displaying an image. If I reboot, it will briefly flash a screen up but then it goes to a black screen. I have tried rebooting but that does not resolve the issue. I have moved the Zidoo to a different TV and the same thing happens. I have tried to turn off the Zidoo and then hold down the reset button and turn the zidoo back on, but all it does it sit at the Zidoo logo. I also tried formatting a USB drive as Fat32 and placing the latest beta firmware on it but the Zidoo does not seem to try and access it after a reset (holding down reset button and powering on Z9X). If I hit the resolution button on the remote a few times, it will briefly flash up a glimpse of the screen, then it goes black again and stays black. Is there a way for me to factory reset the Z9X with a USB drive?

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I agree - I think I'd factory reset.

When you've got it working again, a utility that's incredibly useful for this kind of thing is an Android screen mirror.

I use SCRCPY - this allows you to see and control your Zidoo over an ADB connection on a PC:

upload_2022-12-21_9-20-29.png

You need to enable ADB and allow the connection the first time so it's no good in your case because you can't see the screen, but once enabled it can get you out of a few holes!

https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy

I have little batch files I've written for all my Zidoo devices to save faffing with a command line.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003 - May I ask if using this software, you have to have your Display switched on? I ask because the Zidoo Controller is supposed to allow you to control your Zidoo without having your Display on but when I try and go into Settings, it flashes up the Settings screen on my tablet but then immediately vanishes. I consider it to be a useless app. So am hoping SCRCPY could work for me?

5. Markswift2003

Doesn't need the screen on - it simply mirrors what the Zidoo is pushing out. You have to bear in mind that it uses ADB and there is a bit of latency.

6. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

7. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

Thanks for that suggestion, it sounds like a great idea! Do you have to have a PC connected to the device via USB or would this work over the local network?

8. Markswift2003

It works over the network.

m0j0 likes this.
  9. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

I was able to recover the Z9X with the flashing instructions, thanks again for the help!

10. Markswift2003

Great news!