How to change HDMI record to ext USB, not int.SD?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by Davidnclearlaketx, Oct 2, 2015.

1. papiguy

papiguy Member

Sorry David, I have no info on the Amlogic box. I had the same need and considering the improvements made (and hoping further ones), I installed a second zidoo x9. At this price level, I did not take the risk of buying cheaper to get a product without firmware support.

Davidnclearlaketx likes this.
  2. Davidnclearlaketx

Davidnclearlaketx New Member

Thank you papiguy, I will probably just do the same and order another X9 as I'm now getting more familiar with it and can then just have one type TV box to learn and keep updated. You are correct as this being the best for the value/price.

3. Davidnclearlaketx

papiguy, since you have 2 of the X9 TV box do you use Bluetooth wireless keyboard on one unit and included remote on the other box? It would seem it would work like that since if you have two identical X9 box the remote would try to change both boxes settings at once. ?

4. Davidnclearlaketx

Or maybe I should get Zidoo X6 2G-ram/16G-flash for slightly cheaper?

5. papiguy

papiguy Member

I have a keyboard and a mouse (Android compatible) with the zidoo I use for searching apps or information on internet, or creating directories on my NAS, and renaming files.
    As the two boxes are close together, I put a piece of wood in front of the one I do not use. There is no way to change the setting of the remotes, and a remote can be used with several zidoo's.

When purchasing a second zidoo my idea was to get the same for spare, and having met some troubles when starting the use of the first one, I was not willing to start again the same mess...

6. Davidnclearlaketx

Excellent idea papiguy! :) I have this small keyboard paired with my Zidoo that I use sometimes. It is the
    Rii Mini Bluetooth Keyboard/Touchpad with Laser Pointer (RT-MWK02)
    which has back-light you can turn off/on when paired with device. You can read about it here but find it cheaper elsewhere. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Rii-Min...te-RT-MWK02-/261965759172?hash=item3cfe6042c4 Maybe look at www.banggood.com as they have many items and that is where I got my Zidoo X9 from. It was DHL shipping from HK to USA in only a few days.

7. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Thank you very much for supporting zidoo, can be directly upgraded to v1.0.3.9 at a time.

Davidnclearlaketx and azidahaka like this.
  8. azidahaka

azidahaka Member

Concerning upgrade i'm a bit confused by a thing;

I noticed i can upgrade from USB by the settings menu', but on the webpage it also shows you can upgrade by turning off, then using apin to click a button and so on...

Are the results the same both ways? I would feel safer with the plug usb and update method than the other one...

I'm on 1.0.3.3 and wishing to upgrade to check the PIP function

9. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Yes, there are two ways to upgrade, one kind is through flash MstarUpgrade.bin file, the upgrade will remove all of the data.Additionally one kind is rolled by upgrading the application of choice xx_ota.zip file to upgrade, suggest you can use this way.

azidahaka likes this.
  10. Davidnclearlaketx

Hello papiguy, do you have the download link to the official new version of Kodi I can try to install? I've been having troubles with the pre-installed version of Kodi that came with the X9 original software. Also do you know of any newer version of the X9 firmware? I still have the v1.0.3.9 that you told me about. Thanks! David

11. papiguy

papiguy Member

Sorry David, I was away and unable to answer easily.
    I installed Kodi using "Google Play" then "Apps". Use the search button on the top right of the page and write "Kodi". Select "Kodi xbmc" and click on "Kodi XBMC Foundation 4.6". You should see "PEGI 3" and "This is the official release of Kodi 15.2".
    Up to my knowledge, the last available firmware is V1.0.3.9.