how do I put films back into poster wall ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by robinb, Dec 26, 2021.

1. robinb

robinb Member

Ok I used the cleanup method and by mistake I selected the "delete from poster wall"

I should have selected "delete from wall and put into unmatched"

How do I get films back in the wall ?
    The films still exist on my media server so no worries about source.

2. skelton

skelton Member

Do a new full scan?

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I think you will have to clean the source and re scan to get it back. Unless someone know better!

4. robinb

robinb Member

clean the source ?

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Once you delete a movie from the posterwall it's flagged as permanently removed in the database and just rescanning doesn't bring it back.

You can either rename the movie you've removed (maybe add the year at the end or similar) and rescan, or you can clear the source (clean up) or remove the source and rescan from scratch.

Easiest is probably to rename the movie.

upload_2021-12-26_19-59-49.png

6. robinb

robinb Member

ok, thanks

good information.
    It would be good to see a list of excluded items, but I must be more careful

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It can be a nuisance - done it myself a few times, but you can see the logic - if you specifically want to remove an item from the poster wall you don't want it turning up again every time you do a rescan.. So it kind of makes sense.

8. robinb

robinb Member

yes absolutely