How do I persist an SMB share mount on the DMP A6?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by dmp6, Dec 26, 2023.

Tags:
  1. dmp6

dmp6 Member

It seems I’ve to add the same SMB share every time I want to use it from
    Files > SMB > Rescan scan (whatever that means) > Manually add.

Can the added shares be saved?

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

In your router have you set a fixed or reserved IP address, also include the Zidoo.

3. dmp6

dmp6 Member

Not sure how that would address the issue?
    I shouldn’t be required to add the SMB server details every time I want to use it.

4. Netmask

In the past when I powered off and then powered on the router would assign new IP addresses and my shares were gone. Had to rescan. After on advice from Mark Swift I made all my devices and including the Zidoo assigning them fixed IP addresses, no more problems.

5. dmp6

dmp6 Member

Well, in my case the player always gets the same IP.
    But even so, I can’t believe that the unit doesn’t support saving SMB shares??

6. Netmask

Well it does, that’s why if the router DHCP assigns a new IP’s after a power off on cycle. Zidoo won’t find them, because it’s looking for eg 192.168.1.054 and DHCP has assigned eg 192.168.1.098 to your share NAS etc.

7. dmp6

dmp6 Member

Thanks for your response but that’s not applicable in my case as the Eversolo IP remains the same across reboots and NAS IP is static anyway.
    I know how DHCP works and since the IPs remain the same, Eversolo shouldn’t need to search for anything.

The issue goes one step back actually; the SMB details aren’t saved in the first place. So the question of looking up “previously saved IP” doesn’t arise in my case.

Netmask likes this.
  8. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Samba has persisted for me since the first day I got the device. Can you share a few more details about your samba server set up? Smb version, user&pass/anonymous login or anything irregular about your network set-up?

9. dmp6

dmp6 Member

SMB v3 server with username/password hosted on Synology DSM 7.
    Nothing irregular that I can think of, but I must be missing something as this is a no brainer.

10. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Not really sure how to help. Have you run through everything on this page - https://www.eversolo.com/Support/support_guide/guide_target/6qDj0Hu7Xebeq7k9e[ld]3ulg==/?

I've never had a Synology device. From a quick glance at the linked doc, I'd check you have minimum SMB protocol set to 1 in advanced settings . Does your password have any characters other than upper & lowercase letters?

These commercial nas boxes are just Linux under the hood so no reason smb shouldn't be working like any regular os. I'm sure you've tried everything. I'd get in contact with support if you can't get it sorted. If Eversolo are suggesting setting minimum smb settings to smb1, maybe the A6 doesn't support newer versions of the protocol. Best of luck.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  11. Netmask

When I installed my new computer with Windows 11 Pro, I had to turn on SMB1 to establish shares for the Zidoo UHD3000. My old Win 7 machine was quite happy with SMB 2. It works so I leave it well alone. I don’t bother with a username or password on my NAS.

dmp6 likes this.
  12. dmp6

dmp6 Member

The share is working fine after I add it. So it’s not an issue with SMB version, username/password character set etc, I think.
    It’s just simply ridiculous that I’ve to add the share with all details every time I reboot the unit!!

I’ve reached out to service@eversolo.com assuming that’s the correct support channel.