How Do I Open Multiple Apps?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rozel, Nov 9, 2021.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hopefully a basic question and one which has a simple answer. I haven't found a way to do this as yet simply because when one app is open there seems no way to minimise it in order to open another one.

Could someone put me out of my misery here please?

2. muha

muha Active Member

You can map button on remote to switch between apps

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks @muha at last I have a response to my dilema :) So exactly how do I do this please? I'm very confused about multiple apps - the absense of the usual "Android bottom menu" or whatever it is called and which is on every Android Phone and Tablet, is my issue.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  4. muha

muha Active Member

Nop, there is task command that you can program to the remote button (I use blue one), but I wont be home until 22-23h tonite, stuck in atelier, will write soon as I come home.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you guys - I have a feeling I may be getting somewhere. To be honest I didn't think this would be so hard - my query has come about because I am having what I think may be memory issues using UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro). If whilst this app is running and it starts to have issues, I would like to open a memory app to see what the status of the Zidoo's memory is like to verify that it is an issue with the Zidoo or not.

I shall await further advices with keen interest - thanks

6. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Hi you can program a button to use a task manager like muha said.
    1. There is an App on the zidoo called "shortcut keys" open it.
    2. Select the Red or any other coloured button on your remote
    3. Select the "Task manager"
    4. That's it, press the coloured button you had selected the task manager, to open it

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ahh so you can open an app from a programmed button and whilst open, press another coloured button similarly programmed to open another app? And this action won't close the previously opened app?

8. DennisTheMenace

You can switch Apps without to close it.
    I don't know much about it, because I only have 1 App open all the time
    You have to experiment by yourself, or wait for another user, but yes I think you can do it that way

9. DennisTheMenace

With the up and down button you can scroll to another app, you had opened before (or still have open) OK button brings it back. Right button closes it.
    And close all is self explained
    (Sorry for my English)

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Brilliant! Thank you so much - I will have a play tomorrow.

11. muha

muha Active Member

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes he is :) and feel sure this would be a more appropriate avatar for him: -

ADc71UT7OAG9AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

Hehe

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Just an update........................

I tried everything @DennisTheMenace has very helpfully stated. Yes it all worked but opening another app on top of another just made things worse - the Zidoo stutterrd extremely badly and made my Bluetooth mouse inoperative.

This is definately a memory issue - a restart of the zidoo sorted everything out instantly. I shall persevere with UAPP/TIDAL and put up with the "search issue" at least for the time being.

I just wish there was a way to install additional RAM - is there a way to do this, anyone know?

14. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I don't think so.

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

OK - thanks

16. muha

muha Active Member

I noticed that web browser just eats all the memory so I usually kill that task immediately. Why don't you clear all tasks and run just ones that you need? Also does UAPP/TIDAL apps have some memory usage settings to be tempered with?

17. DennisTheMenace

I'm sorry to hear that. in settings if you go to "about" and "advanced settings", "system" "realtek-develooper options" and activate the "performance mode". Does that bring anything? Otherwise I don't know how I could help you when performance is lacking

Ah and yes I uninstalled the web browser. I don't need it on that device

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hmm interesting, thanks. I don't use a web browser - TIDAL is integrated within UAPP - but I guess the "Search" function, when searching for a TIDAL Album etc works in the same way. I didn't see "web browser" in the task manager when assigning the buttons; where/how do I kill this and others too for that matter? Do I need to go into "advanced settings" ?

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ohh - I'll try that too - thanks

20. muha

muha Active Member

Sorry man, I am using Brawe webbrowser, with multiple windows, my install. Your goal is to have as less apps open as possible.

Also firmware with google uses less memory.