How Do I Mount a SATA Hard Drive??

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Jeff Mendenhall, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Jeff Mendenhall

Jeff Mendenhall New Member

I purchased a 2 TB SATA Hard Drive and plugged it into the Zidoo X9S. The mouse froze and wouldn't come back alive until I disconnected the drive. What's the proper way to install the drive? Is there a tutorial somewhere? In a computer a hard drive needs a power supply; how is that dealt with on the Zidoo?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  2. n_p

n_p Active Member

Is this just being a millenial, or some real next level trolling?

"On the Zidoo it just works without power."

..#
    ...11!11!!11!...!

The Sata cable that comes with the X9S has both Data and Power connectors. The harddrive gets powered via the port on the X9S. Do you still see a power connector on the harddrive thats available? How would you suggest getting more power into the harddrive instead? Drill a hole? (Please use medium size drill bits, and drill carefully. Preferably in the middle of the drive you bought...)

Also - the harddrive needs to be formated first. Attaching a drive with no partition table and no file system to an Android Box... well isnt something anyone at Google has imagined people would do. (Google made the Android part of the Zidoo thingy...)

Look at http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-install-a-3-0-tb.2830/ for further information.

PS: Dont use a drill. No really, dont.

jma64 likes this.
  3. Jeff Mendenhall

Jeff Mendenhall New Member

Thanks for the reply. Believe it or not there is at least one inexperienced person out there playing with this stuff (me). On the hard drive I purchased there's a pin connector port, hence the power question. I have a lot more learning to do!

So now I need to find an actual desktop PC so I can format the drive. The journey continues.

Drummerboy1962 likes this.