How can I restart a movie from the beginning?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by JohnG, Dec 12, 2021.

1. JohnG

JohnG Member

How does one restart from the beginning, using the remote control? It's a simple request, but I can't find it in any User docs. I often shut down my system after watching a film, but before the credits end. When I try to watch the same title again, it will always restart where I left off (i.e. the end credits), and the only way to start from the beginning is to fast-forward to the end of the credits. Sometimes when I start to watch a previously watched film, a pop up asks me if I want to start over. I'm just looking for a simple command or key strokes on the remote. Can anyone help?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Press the Zero Button - the number keys 0-9 seek from 0% to 90%

This behaviour can be changed from percentage to time in:

Settings/Playback/Function Keys/Number Key

dr4go likes this.
  3. DOC1963

DOC1963 New Member

A more permanent solution would be to turn off “Bookmarks”. Of course when you come to a situation where you “do” want to pick up where you left off, you’ll have to manually search for that particular spot… :D

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  4. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Quick Setting/Bookmarks/Display Settings/Text reminder, then will need just press left key to start from began.