Home Theater compatibility with Z9X and X9S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by litlgi74, Jan 10, 2024.

1. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Is it possible to use the same. Home Theater directory for both Z9X and X9S?

If so, will both machines be using a single source for all images... Or would there be separate images for both the Z9X and X9S?

I've spent many, many hours getting my poster wall of the Z9X looking exactly the way I want it to... But the X9S does not scrape the same images. Really hoping I can share all poster wall images of my Z9X... With my four X9S machines.

* From what I tried... The Z9X backup does not work with the X9S... But maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You can't use the same backup from X9S to Z9X but you can export NFO and artwork and then scan using local NF and local art priority which should duplicate the libraries.

litlgi74 likes this.
  3. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Awesome...

So are you saying I could use my Z9X .home theater data to export (to a separate location ) NFO and artwork to be shared with my X9S machines?

Sorry for my ignorance... But where would the local art be be stored? Can I keep it on the USB drive attachment to my router?

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Goto HT4 settings, Library, Export to export NFOs and art into each movie folder then set NFO and local art priority in preferences for scraping.

5. litlgi74

litlgi74 Member

Wait... So I have to export the info and artwork to my shares on my server? Can it be saved elsewhere... Like on my usb drive attached to my router... I'd rather not have anything written to my unraid server from the zidoo... Or have drives spinning up just to access artwork.