Home-Assistant Custom Component

Discussion in 'General Development' started by wizmo, Oct 13, 2021.

1. wizmo

wizmo Member

It’s mostly just internal changes to migrate to Async functions and general clean up.

It does include
    - Faster response times.
    - Transition from the custom Send Key service to the standard Remote format
    - Built-in Rapid update (polling time)
    - A few minor fixes

If anyone has anything else I need to look at, now is the time.

Sledgehamma likes this.
  2. mrstinky

mrstinky New Member

I sometimes have an issue where the Zidoo Z9X crashes and can't recover via IR codes or anything. The red light on the front blinks and requires toggle off/on via the power switch in the rear..and I lose video signal when crash occurs. Usually happens in the media app (even idle or changing inputs to that app from another app in Zidoo) but I'm unsure why, I've read reports of other people experiencing this.

Is there any way to catch this in an automation and turn it back on via a smart outlet plug? I believe the media player status still shows "idle", but I could be wrong..maybe it just takes a while to go to off status.

3. wizmo

wizmo Member

If we can figure a way to reliably get it to crash, I could try and reproduce and see if there is anything showing in any of the standard calls.

4. wizmo

wizmo Member

OK, I have released the new beta (beta-260124). In HACS, go to the integration and select 'Redownload' from the dots in the top right, then 'Show beta versions' and you should see it at the top of the list.

There are a few minor functionality improvements, but this is mostly targeted at moving to the preferred Asyncio functions. I took the opportunity to clean up a lot of the code to further improve responsiveness. This did require quite a lot of rework, but have tried to remove any potential issues and I hope that the update will be transparent.

<QUOTE>
    Update Zidoo API to asyncio, plus general cleanup and fixes aimed at improving responsiveness and and overall functionality. Also included is a separate virtual Remote Entity, which proves a more standard interface for sending key commands.

NOTE: This release includes embedded Rapid Update. If you are currently using an automation based on the documentation example, this can now be removed, but please re-enable automatic update if necessary

Please give it a try and report any issues.

Changes
    1. replace zidoorc with aync version zidooapi
    2. Update integration to support new functions (#20 fix blocking call "bug").
    3. Add Rapid update when player is on
    4. Major cleanup and optimization of code.
    5. Add Remote Entity support (#22 thanks @albaintor) _NOTE: This will eventually replace the 'Send Key' service
    6. Fix progress time units from ms to seconds.
    7. Improve music browsing and search functions with Media Browser
      </QUOTE>

Sledgehamma likes this.
  5. carlos ventura

carlos ventura New Member

Hi Wizmo
    My UHD3000 and HA integration is working flawlessly but it’s time to move to a UHD5000 unit. Question; if I configure a new UHD5000 with the same IP address of the 3000 will the integration still work as before ?
    Thankx
    Carlos

6. wizmo

wizmo Member

Make a note of your old systems `Unique Id` value. Delete it or add '_old' to the ID, then update the ID of the new device with the original systems ID

7. wizmo

wizmo Member

8. carlos ventura

carlos ventura New Member

On It !! Thankx. Im gonna order the 5000 today
    Best
    Carlos

9. Fatima Furniture

Fatima Furniture New Member

To assist you concentrate on design, form, color, and function, Fatima Furniture offers a variety of furnishings like sofa set, bed set, couches and other furniture for your home. Our online furniture shop in the emirate that guarantees on-time delivery and excellent craftsmanship in keeping with the most recent fashions.