Home-Assistant Custom Component

Discussion in 'General Development' started by wizmo, Oct 13, 2021.

1. wizmo

wizmo Member

@nc88keyz, try downloading the 'main' version. I added the Power-Off Standby option as a configurable option. (see readme)

I'm going to have a look at @CGI comment on WOL not being available after HA startup. Just need to test, then I'll release as 1.2.10

Sledgehamma likes this.
  2. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

That works fine on 1.2.10. Just removed and redownloaded it this morning. No need to edit the zidoorc.py file anymore , correct?

You were indeed correct, had to move it off of the docker subnet and run in at host. In other news , I have discovered the wonderful world of reverse proxy and it is glorius! No more holes in that router.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    wizmo likes this.
  3. wizmo

wizmo Member

I've released a v1.2.11rc version as a pre-release (beta).

Release Notes:
    Media Streaming and Services

NOTE: This is released as an RC pre-release version. The media streaming maybe a little buggy, so feedback is requested.

Changes
    1. Added streaming from remote sources
    2. Media Sources available for stream access through HA Media Player
    3. zidoo.turn_on event triggers to allow power on through automations
    4. new services to toggle subtitle and audio tracks for movie playback
    So far, I have noticed some instability when using Camera streams through ZDMC. I've seen the API hang up (needs zidoo reboot). I'm also seeing some DLNA DMS issues, but this maybe related to issues in the DMS it self or the associated HA component.

P.S. There is still an issue with thumbnails in HA 2022.6, but I've added a fix that is merged for the 2022.7 release.

Edit: Thumbnails are now fixed and v1.2.11 is full release

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    lawdawg and Sledgehamma like this.
  4. carlos ventura

carlos ventura New Member

Guys, I have an UHD3000 integrated in HA version 1.2.11 I was able to setup everything I even have a card on my dashboard that allows me to fully control the 3000. In automations I have created an automation to start the Cinema and another to stop the Cinema. The first wakes the 3000 through WoL with no problem, the second I was thinking of doing it by adding an action to the automation from the type "device" -- "UHD3000" and when I click "action" nothing happens. Its strange because I can fully operate de unit from my dashboard including "power off". Can anyone help me understand what am I doing wrong ?

5. wizmo

wizmo Member

Can you post or PM me the automation yaml and Ill try to belp

6. carlos ventura

Thanks for your reply
    I can post the yaml file but there is nothing there concerning the Zidoo because like I said I select device, select the object UHD3000 but when I try to select an action (hoping that I could access a list of functionalities for that integration) the pull down windows doesn't even open. Since I cant save nothing, the Automations.yaml dont display nothing from the 3000 :(

7. carlos ventura

8. carlos ventura

This is what happens the action pull down window is greyed out :(

9. wizmo

wizmo Member

upload_2022-8-10_6-59-20.png
    You need to use the Call Service actions with your UHD3000 device as the target. It looks like HA only recently introduced Device actions. I will look into it for the next release.

10. carlos ventura

Worked like a charm !!!!!!! THANKX !!

11. carlos ventura

Hi Wizmo,
    Apparently I spoke to soon. That function Call service works till a certain point; I can ear the Zidoo powering down the HDDs stop but the display never shuts down and after that the unit can no longer be awaken via Wake on Lan I have to flip the switch on the back of the unit to power it down and next flip it back on. After that Wake on Lan works again... So back to the beginning I can power it up but cannot use the power down. Do you think this is a Firmware limitation on the UHD3000 ?
    Best

12. wizmo

wizmo Member

Do you have the "Power Off Standby" checked? You access this through the Settings/Device Integrations and select the CONFIGURE on the Zidoo card. I just saw that the 3000 may not support standby mode.

I have not tested on a 3000. Generally, the the integration uses the same calls as the android/iphone app (or the javascript web server). If you can test to see if does something different on this, let me know. It's possible the 3000 may have some specific power down settings on the device you can experiment with.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  13. carlos ventura

Wizmo, you're right once more. without the "Power Off Standby" the 3000 shuts down perfectly like before and can be awaken via WoL :)
    Thankx again !!!!

14. wizmo

wizmo Member

No probs. I'll add a note about the UHD3000 in the readme. My Z9S has similar stability issues when standby mode is enabled.

15. Kcoenen

Kcoenen New Member

Hi Wizmo,
    Thanks for the awesome Custom Component, getting the status of the Media Player works perfect! But is there a way to speed up the polling interval? I have some scenes active in Home Assistant which control the lights when the Zidoo is being paused, but at the moment the reaction times is quite slow and so the lights turn on / off to late.

16. wizmo

wizmo Member

Thanks @Kcoenen
    Have a look at the `Homeassistant.update_entity` service in a time pattern Automation. As an example, the following will force updates every second when the device is playing.

Code:
    alias: Zidoo Rapid Update
    description: ''
    trigger:
      - platform: time_pattern
        seconds: '*'
    condition:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: media_player.zidoo
        state: playing
    action:
      - service: homeassistant.update_entity
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id: media_player.zidoo
    mode: single
    Generally, the HA dev team is trying to move away from customizable integration polling times. This is what they are currently recommended.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  17. Kcoenen

Kcoenen New Member

Yes, I also found this solution on the Home Assistant Forums but the downside is that the Player keeps "jumping" between Paused / Playing status. Even when setting the trigger interval to 3 seconds or something it does jump between the states, but this is something I can work around with delays.

Guess I will have to live with this :p

18. wizmo

wizmo Member

I've released a 1.2.12 with a fix for the state issue. Limited testing, so could you let me know if it this works on your system.

Sledgehamma likes this.
  19. Kcoenen

Kcoenen New Member

Thanks for the update! Downloaded the latest version but with my testing it jumps between Idle and Playing now instead of Paused / Playing. So unfortunately the same behavior.

20. wizmo

wizmo Member

Will put that release on hold and look again. What device are you using?