Help with new Z1000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Glenn, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Have a few issues / features with my new Z1000 Pro that I am hoping someone more familiar with the boxes might be able to help me with, I've searched the forums but can't seem to find an answer.

1. is there a way to automatically refresh files copied to the attached USB and HDD under Media Center?

On my old Shield if I was watching something and copied something over the network into the same folder/share on the USB attached to the Shield, the file would show up / be listed automatically when the show I was watching finished or I pressed stop. With the Z1000 I always have to use the right menu options and select 'refreh', I'm disabled and can't use a remote and I'm getting tired of telling all my support workers how to refresh every time.

If it can't automatically refresh is it possible to add the refresh command to a key on the remote?

2. I have set 2 Favourites in Media Center, 1 folder on the USB and 1 on the HDD and want to know if I can get Media Center to default to the Favourites so I don't have to keep using the left menu and selecting Favourites?

3. the Android folders that are automatically created on the attached USB and HDD aren't hidden on my Z1000 Pro but I have been told they should be automatically. Anyone know how to hide these?

4. when using Media Center does anyone know what I should be looking at when I get an error "can't play file"?

Never had any playback issues with the Shield, already had 2 files with error "can't play file" on the Z1000 Pro, however files play perfectly on my PC and laptop.

Thanks for your help.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

1. Not while you're viewing the folder - so if you add a file whilst viewing that folder on the Zidoo, it doesn't automatically appear. Similarly if you delete a file, it doesn't automatically disappear. As you've found you can use the refresh option from the menu.

An easier way (as long as you're not in the root folder) is to just press "Return" to back out that folder and then "OK" to return to it and the contents are refreshed.

2. Unfortunately no - internal hard drives and USB drives take precedence. If they're not present the favourites is selected next.

3. These files aren't hidden, so even though the default view is not to show hidden files/directories, these will still show.

4. That just means the codec isn't supported - presumably something old?

3. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Thanks for the answers, even though they are disappointing. I would have expected this box to be able to do everything the Shield can and more (except for stream obviously). Not impressed with what I have discovered so far, hopefully it doesn't get any worse. Thanks anyway

4. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Since you are an experienced Shield with Kodi user, perhaps it is worth installing ZDMC (Zidoo's fork of Kodi) as that will behave similarly to what you are used to and is likely to be able to play the older codec files using the Kodi player.

5. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Yeah I think I will give that a go because at the moment I am pretty disappointed with the underwhelming features of such an expensive box

6. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Would you know how to get ZDMC to show files as watched (once they have been watched obviously)?

7. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

"Menu" button on the remote, brings up the Kodi menu you would be used to. Tab down to "Mark as Watched" :) works on folders too!

Glenn likes this.
  8. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Perfect, thanks so much.