Help! Home Theater Screen reloading over and over again after file scan. Cant access anything

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by umberto5585, Apr 19, 2024.

1. umberto5585

umberto5585 New Member

Hello all,
    I scanned a few new files into my theater library today. File scan seemed to be going normal. I then noticed the new files did not scan covers and appeared frozen. Long story short.. that scan seemed to have completed but now the home theater main screen with "watching" and categories keeps reloading over and over and over again driving me insane. I can barely even click anything before the screen reloads. Cant navigate to a thing. Has anyone experienced this maddening error. I also have over a 1000 movies on the library and had heard some issues may start but this has never happened and its driving me nuts. I restarted the zidoo a couple times and the home theater screen is still reloading almost like the reload screen for new posters, but ive confirmed that the sources are no longer scanning. Someone please help!! This is unusable like this.
    Edit: if i am able to get to any movie screen before the reload, it then just sometimes boots me back to the zidoo home screen. This is unreal

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
  2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Can you access Media manager and play a file from there?

3. umberto5585

umberto5585 New Member

I am able to, yes. The SMB shares are all still available. Very random as I've never seen this happen. Its like an update scan of my usual folders broke the entire Home Theater interface. Begins loading the images and then after a few seconds, a black screen and reloading. Doesnt even give me time to navigate to anything really. I managed to race against time to the settings icon and unfortunately the Restoring and backup option resulted in the same issue. I did "clear data" and now im adding one source at a time and the app appears stable again. However adding over 1000+ files again to this library (with a lot of rematching necessary) is a bit ridiculous. Hoping someone sees this thread so this issue can be troubleshooted.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sounds like a corrupt database - personally, because I have local NFOs and local art exported for all movies I'd just clear HT and start again, but I assume you haven't done that from what you say.

Firstly I'd try removing the new files, or moving them to a different directory or source, and see if that changes anything.

5. umberto5585

umberto5585 New Member

Thanks as always Mark. I just went ahead and cleared the library and added the sources again. Seems to be good now. Ive seen you recommend settings for the poster wall once a library grows past 1000 titles. The cover art still takes a bit longer than id like to load. Was it "overspread" or something you recommend?

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes - as your library grows, the performance of HT suffers a lot - It 1000, yes, Overspread is the fastest but you could also try Small. It's all to do with how many posters are on a particular view, so it can be helpful to break the library down with Widgets.

My library is just over 400 movies and I think if I started getting towards 1000 I'd split it in some way - it just gets a bit silly scrolling page after page.

I have a test library of 4000 movies running on one machine and there are 454 pages in HT without filtering! Ridiculous for normal day to day usage.

These are my results and admittedly they are a bit subjective:

upload_2024-4-20_17-55-40.png