Help: Frame rate matching not working Z9X Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by ANIMATEK, Feb 25, 2024.

Tags:
  1. ANIMATEK

ANIMATEK New Member

Hello there,

I am new to Zidoo. I am having a few issues here and there, but by far the most irritating is skipping a frame every 10 to 15 seconds in some movies. My wife does not even notices it though.

When pausing the video it is quite obvious what the issue is. The box is outputting 4k@60 when the movie is just 23(,9 something) Hz. I do have auto frame-rate and resolution, however it does not seem to work with this mkv.

While testing a while ago, forcing the output to 23Hz seems to fix the issue.

This (see image) is what I see in the EDID section, IMO obviously missing 23Hz. I checked this thread [edit: for some reason it marks my post as spam when adding the link] and downloaded the tool to edit the EDID, hoping to add 23Hz, but that tool is way out of my league.

My TV is a Samsung S95B and the input goes through a Samsung HW-Q935GC.

Am I in the right path with the EDID or is it something else ticking here?

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  2. ANIMATEK

ANIMATEK New Member

EDID Settings & mediainfo from file

Attached Files:

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, you're right - the EDID doesn't support 1920x1080p23/24.

When you connect through an amp or soundbar, the EDID from the amp/soundbar is concatenated with the display EDID to provide the addition sound modes. Sound bars are notoriously bad at it and often truncate the EDID.

In this case, it looks like the soundbar has trimmed important video modes from it!!

Try this one:

https://mega.nz/file/Ea4H1IwR#7PuoBYxaWPImCK24wT0lUEhppU9ui7T2mkGjFgNH5bM

4. ANIMATEK

ANIMATEK New Member

Thank you very much! I just tried and it switched to the correct frame rate.

May I ask you what profiles does my EDID have now? Does it have it all or is there something missing? Because in the Zidoo UI it does not really show anything more than the other pic I uploaded.

The TV was being dumb with audio passthrough, so I decided to route the video signal through the Soundbar, but I did not expect the Soundbar to bring its own problems.

Would you recommend to save the EDID when the TV is directly connected, and then use it when the Soundbar is in between? I am not sure if I would miss some sound profiles then, but I wouldn't think so.

5. Markswift2003

All I did was changed the VICs (Video Information Codes) to the same as my Samsung TV and left everything else the same.

So VICs now supported are:

upload_2024-2-25_20-21-56.png

6. ANIMATEK

ANIMATEK New Member

Again, huge thanks for your help. It works now, so I guess that was it! Have a nice one Mark :)

7. salvador acedo

salvador acedo New Member

Hola tengo el mismo problema, mi barra de sonido Samsung 990b y televisor LG C2 OLED, podrían solucionar mi problema, saludos

Attached Files:

8. salvador acedo

Could you help me, I have the same problem with a Samsung 990b, thank you very much

9. Markswift2003

Use the EDID I posted.

10. salvador acedo

@Markswift2003 Lo he probado, pero mi televisión es LG C2 OLED,
    y ese editado es para samsumg, podría por favor aclarar el EDID, con la actualización 0.75 es peor, muchas gracias

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024