HDMI CEC broken

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Mehmet Ozdemir, Oct 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mehmet Ozdemir

Mehmet Ozdemir New Member

Hi all,
    I have several units connected on my marantz 6011 avr all cec support enabled, raspberry pi3, appletv, ps3, 4k lg tv, all of them was working fine with just tv remote and avr detects hdmi source and change sound accordingly,
    I bought zidoo for x265 and 4k content and before buying I read this forum posts about x265 and 4k related post, unfortunately not cec posts :-( , never tought it will be a problem.
    When I cold boot zidoo after I open rest of the system, everything works with tv remote, can send cec commands with tv remote to all units including zidoo x9s,
    When I finish watching something, I close all units with tv remote, tv closes, avr closes , zidoo goes to standby mode (I guess), after that if I try open tv with remote, tv opens, but cec is broken now, avr can not detect anything so not powering on, zidoo don't come out of standby mode, signals jammed, cec support completely fails. It doesnt matter whether zidoo is connected to avr or directly to the tv. I tried different hdmi cables too. No luck :-(
    As a solution :) I am powering off zidoo with on/off switch before closing my system and powering on after the system fully opened. Only then I can use all of my units without problem.
    I hope this is not zidoo x9s hardware isuue and can be fixed with firmware update..
    Regards...

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The problem is known. HDMI-CEC is apparently part of the Android OS implementation and as such improved with each Android generation. It still has several flaws and does not do its most essential simple function which is switching the TV or AMP to the designated source port automatically at power-on.

You can turn HDMI-CEC off though in Android Settings. Some features can be turned off individually and also HDMI-CEC as a whole. For me that worked.

3. Luigi Previtera

Luigi Previtera New Member

I Have a wd tv live connected with a Onkyo av Receiver . In the cec chain all' work fine e.g. with all the instruments in std by mode, turning on the Wd tv , first the tv turns on second the av receiver turns on an third set the right wd tv channel in the av receiver.
    I bought zidoo x9s to replace wd tv . With the same sequence turning on the x9s it turns on but nothing happens in the cec chain i must turn on the tv, the av and set the right av channels. The only thing turning the av off the x9s turns off.
    There is the possibility to fix this issue? Otherwise I will return the x9s

4. Luigi Previtera

5. Luigi Previtera

I found an acceptable compromise:
    I choose all the HDMI CEC options in zidoo HDMI settings menu
    I turn on the tv (the tv turns on the AVReceiver via CEC).
    In the same time turn on the zidoo x9s. When the zidoo is in the ready state (after the boot or the ibernation state), I press the home button in the zidoo remote. This automatically set the av receiver to the zidoo Chanel and all work fine.
    When I shut off the tv , via CEC are automatically shut off also the AV receiver and the zidoo x9s.

6. Luigi Previtera

Update : current firmware V2.1.12. After a mains breakdown the x9s cec didn't work and locked all CEC chain. I aquired a female-male cec connector with the 13 pin broken in order to avoid the zidoo disturbs in the cec chain. After several trials , the solution was: shut down the x9s disconnecting the dc plug and all the hdmi, usb and sata connectors. Turn on the x9s in the same time push the reset button with a needle: the display shows UP-- and a red up left led lights. Wait until the display shows 'boot'.
    Wait some minuts and then shut down the x9s . Connect all the hdmi, sata and usb ; after turn on the x9s: the light in the upper left will be blu. The x9s after boot will work properly and pressing x9s home will set the av receiver and the tv in the right position for listening the x9s signal.